1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1... actually Hour 1.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by ad man 99, May 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ad man 99

ad man 99 Fapstronaut

I looked up some online support groups and found that this one seems helpful. Online, anonymous and might be the one to get me fixed!
    I literally just came off a PMO and while I was in the shower I realised that this needs to stop. I'm 20 and I feel like I've been doing this for ever. Sometimes I feel like it's a part of me.
    But enough is enough, I need to stop it before I get into a serious relationship or married. I want to take myself to places I never thought I could reach. And I figured out that this was the biggest thing holding me down. I waste HOURS of my day preparing for a PMO. More thinking about it, and thinking if I should do it or not. Of course, in every case I end up doing it.
    Just now, I missed my classes for PMO and I have constantly ignored friends for it, put off working out or studying for it. It's ruining my life! And I have tried to stop it before But haven't been able to.
    I took one of the biggest steps today in committing to finding help. Then I deleted half of my personal collection, some stuff I just don't have the courage to get rid of... YET!

I have taken a stance to make this hour 1 of MANY! And I hope NoFap helps me achieve not only my goal of stopping this addiction, but also help me get my life back on track while I still can.

2. Targaryenn

Targaryenn Fapstronaut

@ad man 99 welcome to this great and very good forum.

Here you will find more useful things, very good advices and a lot of successful people who inspire you.

Keep this in mind: it's not a easy war, but you can do this. Keep fight and be strong.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  3. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

Hi @ad man 99 !

If you haven't already done so, please read the "Getting Started Guide" available on this site's (noFAP) home page. It includes answers to your questions as well as providing helpful advice as you get started on your journey of healing. Also check out the "Glossary" in the toolbar on the top of this page for definitions of abbreviations and terms that may be unfamiliar to you.

Read, make a plan for your journey focusing on your goals and objectives - the reasons why you are pursuing noPMO (primary one may be to normalize relationships with your gf ...). Whatever your reasons and goals are is fine, as long as they are something you truly believe in and are willing to work hard towards. Writing down goals sometimes helps clarity of thought, so consider writing out your goals. Then think about what you will do to keep your goals fresh in your mind each day - reading your written goals at least twice a day as you get started is a good way to help remind yourself why you are here !

There are more things, but for now this is enough to get you started. More later. If you have questions or concerns for which you can't find answers here, just post and you'll get replies !

One day at a time is how we all succeed.

ad man 99 likes this.
  4. Always be positive

Always be positive Fapstronaut

5. ad man 99

ad man 99 Fapstronaut

2 full days now without PMO and I feel good about it. Got close this morning when I woke up to some insta pics but I held my ground and remembered that it was gonna pass if I just kept my mind on something else.

6. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

Well, it worked this time.

Read about "P-subs" then make a plan for how you are going to deal with them.
    Then read about triggers and how to deal with them.
    You can find information about both these topics by searching this (noFAP) website.

Afterwards, think about what you going to do about "insta pics" ?

One day at a time is how we all succeed.