1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wet dreams?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Jrmz94, May 17, 2019.

1. Jrmz94

Jrmz94 Fapstronaut

Are wet dreams considered relapsing?

2. Cuauhtli

Cuauhtli Fapstronaut

Nah! That means you are getting ride of old sperm and your body is working the way is supposed to. Quite natural. Just a middle of the night mess to clean.

3. When I see that question, I always give these answers and advice:
    -wet dream = no relapse
    -If you don't want to have wet dreams, it's great, but they might happen even some time after your reboot.
    -If you want to have wet dreams, it's bad, and you're one step closer to a relapse. It simply means that you're not wholly devoted to winning.
    -After a wet dream your urges might get stronger, so be extra careful then. It's a fact.
    -If a wet dream happens, try thinking of anything, so that you can forget what the dream was about. A thought to which you orgasmed can be a real nuisance later.
    -Again, remorse after a wet dream happen, but if you're genuinely against wet dreams, you're on the right road.

Hros likes this.
  4. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I highly agree. I would add that after having a wet dream, besides remorse/a certain depression, you tend to feel drained both physically and emotionally. Not a healthy state to be in.

5. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

Hi @Jrmz94 !

The answer to this question, and a lot of others you may have, can be found in the "Getting Started Guide" available on this site's (noFAP) home page. If you can't find the answer there, just do a search of this sight for the question you may have; in all probability it has been answered before - many times.

Also have a look at the glossary available at the top of this page. It defines many abbreviations and terms that may be new for you.

Short answer to your question: No, wet dream is neither a reset nor a relapse. Your body is doing what it needs to do.

One day at a time is how we all succeed.

Jrmz94 likes this.
  6. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

7. The Dave

The Dave Fapstronaut

Ive never had one. Ever!