1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Guys can you please help.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Hanumesh Santhanam, May 14, 2019.

1. Hi guys.

Been on nofap for 5 days after discovering my pied. Its been ok thus far. But today the urges are killing me. I am already feeling the benefits of nofap. I feel confident to talk to women and feel more masculine in general. However, i barely have a social life as I have to much work at my office before mid June. Also everyones busy in office so you cant really get to to talk to flirt with someone. So at the moment, loneliness and urges are killing. I desperately wanna fap. The fear that I am unlikely to have any real female interaction for some time is killing me. I really wanna shag. Can somebody help me??

2. Going for a walk is one of the best things you can do.

Having a shower, brushing your teeth and so on are good too. Anything that distracts you and makes you feel a bit better.

You can probably think of other ideas as well. Before you know it you'll be in a better state of mind.

3. countitjoy5

countitjoy5 Fapstronaut

Hi friend. Loneliness is something we all battle with - the main thing to realize is that fapping will only make your feelings of loneliness more acute and unbearable. Let that pain drive you from your addiction.

4. Thanks a lot guys!! I really appreciate it. :)

captaingill likes this.
  5. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

I believe that fundamentally, fapping is a reaction to anxiety. It is a way of comforting ourselves when we don't feel well for some reason. It's like a child sucking their thumb or rocking themselves. So it can be helpful to see it in those terms and realize 1. I need comfort. 2. Fapping is a childish way to get that comfort. So what are some better ways to resolve anxiety issues? I can think about why I feel anxious and use my mind to reason out why I don't need to be anxious, or keep my mind occupied with mental activities such as reading. I can do things with my body, such as exercising or doing some kind of activity that relieves nervous energy. I can do things spiritually, such as prayer, meditation, reading scriptures to help satisfy spiritual needs. And if I'm anxious because I'm lonely, I need to find healthy ways to spend time with other people in social activities, not doing a solitary activity such as PMO. I hope this helps. It is all easier said than done.

6. Makes lot of sense. So true!! Fapping really really reduces anxiety. Makes you feel like shit after that do much so you struggle to make eye contact with women.

7. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

Maybe another helpful way to look at it is that you have a limited amount of time and energy. Think of that as like a precious metal, like liquid gold or silver that could be used for any number of valuable and useful purposes. PMO is like pouring that resource down the sewer. What instead could you invest your time and energy into that would increase the prosperity and happiness of your life, physically, mentally, spiritually, socially?

Tao Jones likes this.
  8. selfimprovement8008

selfimprovement8008 Fapstronaut

know what I think brother you should get a rubiks cube and solve it to get rid of computer box anxiety I have a feeling it will help out or a stress ball to work out your wrists instead of fap yup or stretch for 5 min or ten minutes, listen to music listen to a podcast about productivity and or get out of the cubicle and drink some water.

9. Sometimes, you have to realize you have to wait it out.
    I'm in the same boat- no new people (especially women) for me until August.