1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE TEAM CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Sergeant_139773, Apr 29, 2019.

1. MONSTER MONK

MONSTER MONK Fapstronaut

My Journal
  2. spaces

spaces Fapstronaut

3. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  4. You are better than this, don't let the negative energy keep you down. Get up, and get better streak going. I believe you can do this.

5. Randox

Randox Fapstronaut

6. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

7. Apart from the visual / fantasy triggers, for most of the people here (including me), PMO is just an escape / masking mechanism we've been conditioned to use when we are faced with some sort of negativity (feelings of insecurity, low self-esteem, guilt, unhealed hurt, depression, social anxiety and other things). If we can deal with / resolve the above issues without resorting to PMO, I'll guarantee 90 day No PMO would be a cake walk.

For me personally, whenever I'm faced with those negative feelings, I'm trying to reflect on them and tell myself that those feelings are no longer relevant and I have to move on with my life. Parts of our brains are so used to those neuro-chemicals released when we ruminate on the past negative issues or future uncertainity, that the brain doesn't want to change. So we must slowly, but consistently wean our brains off those negative neuro-chemicals and replace them with positive ones (by doing some volunteering, hanging out with good friends of both sexes, running & workout, 5 minute meditations, working on improving your grades / career, always feeling gratitude for what you have. Also watch some comedy shows for few minutes everyday that makes you roll on the floor laughing.

I am sharing a strategy I personally use: I imagine that triggering negativity coming in a human form and putting a gun at my head, saying "You either masturbate to feel good or I'll shoot you in the head" and I will reply "You either pull the trigger or go away, because I'm not yielding".

123.gif

Good luck, guys! You can do it!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2019
  8. Yes, I saw it. The Musical Dumbbells. If I'm being honest, I think it's really silly and that's why it makes me grin everytime I say it aloud. That should be our team name. It reflects on how goofy I can be, my hope to gain even more muscle, and my love for music. :D

If you're down, then @Desperate_Warrior, I vote for this name.

9. Viijay

Viijay Fapstronaut

10. </47>

</47> Fapstronaut

11. Viijay

Viijay Fapstronaut

12. Just Rose

Just Rose Distinguished Fapstronaut

Oh fuck, 2 resets today, I need to clarify what I want from this...

Sorry @Her, I'm a horrible teammate

13. Don't beat yourself up too bad, it happens to everybody. Its never fun, but we have to struggle through the rough patches to get to the point where we can get back to good streaks. You've had a few good runs and you'll get back on your feet soon enough

14. spaces

spaces Fapstronaut

15. Just Rose

Just Rose Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thank you :(