1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Habits I really want to include in my daily life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by 19conquer, May 7, 2019.

1. 19conquer

19conquer Fapstronaut

• wake up at 6:30
    • cold shower
    • spend time with God
    • planning for future
    • daily cleaning ritual
    • listening closely
    • progressing in hobbies
    • frequent communication with friends
    • gym Atleast an hour of cardio
    • learn how to cook

Souvent08, LEPAGE, koolpal and 3 others like this.
  2. Cuauhtli

Cuauhtli Fapstronaut

Sounds like a good plan. Stick to these goals and commit. To them everyday

19conquer likes this.
  3. 19conquer

19conquer Fapstronaut

Thanks! I do have a hard time commiting to things. But I know if I just keep the habit up, I'll be much happier with myself.

LEPAGE likes this.
  4. Cuauhtli

Cuauhtli Fapstronaut

Worki g out and limiting the amount of screen time has helped me a ton.

19conquer likes this.
  5. Marcelo48

Marcelo48 Fapstronaut

Good luck, I still have to make an effort to return to cold showers as well. :D

19conquer likes this.
  6. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Going to bed at a reasonable time will help you wake up early, also working out helps you sleep. And planning your day this way is like small practice in planning for the future, it's just not that long term but
    it's good simple practice and will make you healthier if you're consistent.

19conquer likes this.
  7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Good luck. Wanting to improve is the first step towards a better life.

8. 19conquer

19conquer Fapstronaut

• cold shower
    • planning for future
    • daily cleaning ritual
    • listening closely
    • progressing in hobbies
    • gym Atleast an hour of cardio

9. Cuauhtli

Cuauhtli Fapstronaut

What is your daily cleaning ritual?

10. Champion!

Champion! Fapstronaut

Awesome stuff! I'm trying some similar things. All the best bud!

11. Milkjug2345

Milkjug2345 Fapstronaut

I have found that in order to wake up early, I need to go to sleep early. Mind-blowing.

Joke aside, I usually go to bed (as in put everything on the table and go )at around 11:30 in order to wake up at 6:00 for a run in the morning. I have tested a lot and I think that 6.5 hours of sleep is the right amount for me. Different people needs different amount of sleep so you might want to experiment a bit to find yours. If you find yourself sleep-deprived most of the days then it's time to change.

Good luck.

properWood likes this.
  12. Targaryenn

Targaryenn Fapstronaut

Reading is a very good habit. Very, very good for brain.

And reading have more other big and great benefits.

Books can be the best friends.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Souvent08 likes this.
  13. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Yes to reading books. Novels are good for creativity, but reference are good for critical thinking.

Quit social media. Forever. Your friends want you there to show you only that part of their life they want you to see. Your real friends will confide all their vulnerabilities and insecurities to you in private. Social media is killing your time and is bringing you emotional pain (i’m not liked as others are): you’ll constantly compare your worst part with others’ best part and that’s not a fair comparison at all. It will sap your confidence in a blink of an eye.

I’d add take a stroll in the evening, before bed. It helps so much to clear your head. Listen to a good podcast (not Joe Rogan, but Sam Harris or Rhonda Patrick, for example).

14. Targaryenn

Targaryenn Fapstronaut

@properWood
    In my case tehnology in general(if I stay on smartphone, laptop, computer etc.) make me very tired and gives me a bad mood. That's why I prefer reading a book than to waste time on internet.

Cuauhtli likes this.
  15. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Reading books on a daily basis (not including modern-time fiction novels) is also something that will help you a lot in your personal development. A few reasons for reading at least an hour every day are:

-Increased vocabulary
    -It pushes you out of the comfort-zone
    -Increased focus and attention
    -Increased imagination
    -It gives you different life-perspectives
    -Absorption of large chunks of information goes faster and smoother
    -Gives you great lessons and advices almost for free
    -You become educated in the real sense (a university degree doesn't necessarily equate to being educated)
    -The information acquired in the books can lead you onto great paths and success in life

The saying "Any man who is literate and don't read does have few advantages to the man who is illiterate" is true and I feel bad for the people who choose to never read as they then will cease to grow as persons.

16. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I must say I am intrigued by this one as well! Are you cleaning yourself or your house/apartment? Either is positive and I like the 'ritual' element of it.

Not everyone would agree, but I suggest reading through that long list and deciding on 1 or 2 that are most important and/or easiest to achieve and commit to them for a week or two, then introduce another 1, etc. It's hard to make changes, but follow this method and you should be doing them all, pretty easily and naturally, within a few months.