1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The girl i met at work

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by itz_gioc, Apr 23, 2019.

1. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Morality at its finest right there.

Dr. Mario likes this.
  2. Dr.LoveLength

Dr.LoveLength Fapstronaut

Morality just gets in the way of a good time. Theres certain types of girls you dont want a relationship with but that doesnt mean there no good for getting down with

3. brilliantidiot

even better

Dr. Mario likes this.
  4. Dr.LoveLength

Dr.LoveLength Fapstronaut

I'm here all week

need4realchg likes this.
  5. brilliantidiot

are you trolling

6. itz_gioc

itz_gioc Fapstronaut

Yeah I realize that now. I'm not gonna show that I'm weak. And I really don't wanna be part of a group to approach women who are in a relationship. But here's why I did it. Before I told her how I felt. Many of my co-workers saw us spending a lot of time with each other. They would tease me a bit and say "Ohhh hey you two" ;).... like tf? They had to make it worse you know lol. Two of my co-workers(male and female), who I'm close friends (both in a relationship), told me to just express how i felt about her. They said, "If it's been bothering you for the past month you should let her know before it's too late.." Then I responded, "I'll let her know when the time is right...and plus she has a boyfriend."

Tbh with you guys, I NEVER PLANNED TO EXPRESS HOW I FELT ABOUT HER. Not even once in my mind would I ever even consider it. It sort of just happened. I didn't force the situation, I was just passive about it.

During lunchtime she would always invite me to her car and eat lunch, we talk about random things, even text each other when we're bored, talking about work usually and stuff we do... Then she told me a few weeks later "My boyfriend might be moving to a different state for his job. And I really don't want to move.." She still doesn't know if she's planning to move with him or stay. They don't even live with each other at the moment.

So I told myself... I guess I'll invite her to dinner and see where it goes. She accepted and we went out to talk. We joked around a bit and talked about random stuff at the restaurant. So then I thought to myself... We'll I might as well take my shot. Just to see what would happen. And from there it just went downhill like tf?? lol

But now she's been giving me some strange vibes recently at work this week. Like she still wants my attention but still afraid to talk to me. There are some moments we made eye contact for like 3 seconds. But I mean it's just a glance tbh lol.

That's why I'm working on myself. I figured it's just not the best time and place for me to be pursuing anyone. The NoFap vids on youtube inspired me to get out of my comfort zone for once and explore. It really does make a difference in my life. And the community is so caring haha. Proud to be a part of it!

After 30 days on NoFap, I just feel renewed! There are tons of things I wanna do now.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    need4realchg and InnerFaith like this.
  7. InnerFaith

InnerFaith Fapstronaut

hey dont think like im some super cool guy, i talk from my own expirience, you can make cringe compilation from the embarasing things i did and sayd to try and meet women.. just hope she wont hurt your ego that you wont try, because you are the man! should a fisherman be afraid of the fish? should a lion be afraid of the lambs? go out there and conquer hearts (and asses) !

itz_gioc likes this.
  8. AnxietyDude

AnxietyDude Fapstronaut

I was in a very similar situation, but I just played it cool.
    I never gave on about any interest, other then just talking at work.
    Other women found interest in me and then she made her move, but
    she was honorable, she broke up with her BF before taking the chase.
    My experience is women often find that a man being chased by others may be worth chasing her self.
    ( not talking about chasing after others girls in a relationship I kinda think that was bad form bro)

This girl here got all the big prized, the attention, the approach and the chase, her effort involved saying no.
    But sounds like she was waiting for you to make a move based on what she said this was to be her response all along
    but she wanted to attention non-the less.

Welcome to adulthood :)

9. itz_gioc

itz_gioc Fapstronaut

Haha definitely bro :)

Your'e right man! I agree 100%

Yeah I've been told this multiple times from my friends and coworkers AFTER I made my move. I get it lol. But the situation at the time was way different for it to be planned out. You know what i mean?

I learned from it and moved on. I hope you guys aren't taken too I'm about to take y'all out to dinner. Don't reject me :p

I'm jk

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  10. itz_gioc

itz_gioc Fapstronaut

Yeah I'm not afraid to admit that I don't date that often. That was back when I was PMO'ing lol.

Now I feel like I can aim higher and just do more with myself.

11. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

i salute your motivation

itz_gioc likes this.
  12. Rereading your story again, part of it reads like a “Friends” episode bro, lol. Good for you that you were clear about what you wanted. People who are attractive get attention— but that’s ok. We all have free will, so what you do with the attention is your choice. Boss mode mate !

itz_gioc likes this.
  13. That sadly is completely normal and extremely painful. This is going to take a while to clear up but it will happen.

itz_gioc likes this.
  14. wolflarsen88

wolflarsen88 New Fapstronaut

15. free will is a myth, look it up

16. selfimprovement8008

selfimprovement8008 Fapstronaut

so heres the thingh she said that she saw you as a friend and you still saw her as a possible venture so she friendzoned you right
    so heres the thingh for future when a woman says that on the spot say I dont want to be friends then move on
    However she had a boyfriend so I personally would keep my distance and coworker zone her so work with her as a coworker she can be flirty to other people and other people can do as they please thats her and their problem now

when she does try to come back seeing how she can potentially cheat even while in a long term serious relationship with someone she knows from kindergarten ( she doesnt need to work thinghs out, shes just a lead on girl and just doesnt care). do not initiate again say that youonly see her as a coworker and nothingh more. She my try to get aggressive and try to move you to be friends but say no and you will obtain peace at work.

17. selfimprovement8008

I say this from a neutral position a realist position even though I myself am religious and never had a gf but I just had to comment on this with a neutral say to help out

18. itz_gioc

itz_gioc Fapstronaut

I hear you loud and clear! Thank you for your advice.

Tbh I think we’re cool now. Today we we’re partners at work. Keep in mind we didn’t talk for over a month so this was gonna get interesting..I wasn’t planning to say anything to her cus I wanted to focus with my tasks. Eventually she began starting a conversation with me. We talked about work and nothing else. I was smiling and laughing at some of the jokes I made. Just trying to be myself. But I’m still aware that we’re never gonna be together. So I just played it cool. I didn’t talk much to her and tried my best not to seek her out at work. Because sometimes the managers, for some reason, assign me to the same locations as her.

Just glad to see that were both cool now. I can finally move on from this.

I don’t care if she’s flirting with other coworkers. She can do whatever she wants.

selfimprovement8008 likes this.
  19. selfimprovement8008

Thats great man yeah that carefree energy is what you need. None of us need that extra tension.

itz_gioc likes this.
  20. One thing that came to mind after reading this thread is:

Don't tell, do!

Don't convey anything by talk, instead use actions to show what you want. Theoretically the whole process works without saying a single word. Language is barrier, not a helper.