1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

AVENGERS: ENDGAME.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by lamstronger, Apr 26, 2019.

1. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Hey guys. Came back from the theater, saw the new Avengers movie.
    Was wondering, has anyone else seen it?
    Did you like it?
    Don't spoil it though

I enjoyed it very much, some things were questionable for me though, but they don't mean anything.

Awesome movie, 11/10.

Christian Fox and Hank Pym like this.
  2. Femi

Femi Fapstronaut

I think it was a great movie, although it could've been 30 minutes shorter. The middle of the film felt dragged a little. Infinity War was better in terms of maintaining your attention throughout the film.

Fork2323 likes this.
  3. Hank Pym

Hank Pym Fapstronaut

Ohh god!!! Ant man, hulk, thor. I died laughing

4. gaarzy

gaarzy New Fapstronaut

10/10, but Tony..... :(:(:(

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

Spoiler!!
    Ok at the end funeral scene they pass over all the people.. But who was the young teen kid guy standing alone near the back of the group infront of the house steps just to the right?
    Also, what happened to the green chick double that came forward in time with Thanos? Did she die with the snap too as we never saw that.

Hank Pym likes this.
  6. Hank Pym

Hank Pym Fapstronaut

Is the kid from iron man 3.

Iron man only killed the bad gys...

7. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Is that the one where the guy with the thing dies at the end?

8. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Great movie! I watched infinity war at home before going to see this too. Had pizza in between movies. Great night. :D

recon117 likes this.
  9. sboncen

sboncen Fapstronaut

Loved it. But there were parts that didn't make sense.

SPOILER ALERT (Greek mode)

When Captain America showed up old at the end. It went against their explanation of time travel. He would have taken a different timeline, not affecting the current one. Therefore he wouldn't have shown up in that timeline.

No explanation of where past gamora disappeared to.

robin2752006 and recon117 like this.
  10. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Russo brothers said something about the captain america part, that captain america went to a parralel universe and then returned the shield to Sam or something along those lines. Time travel is so confusing

Hank Pym likes this.
  11. SpringWater

SpringWater Fapstronaut

Agree. For one, why does he give his shield to Sam and not Bucky?

Bucky was family to him, plus Sam isn’t a super soldier..makes no sense

Plus Cap going back goes against his personality. This is time the team needs him, no Tony, no building. Plus he wasn’t that obsessed with her, he got with her daughter remember?

And he would be so bored..after s few weeks..what dies he sit at home and watch tv all day.

And remember he is famous so back then people would recognize him.

12. N0M0RENasty

N0M0RENasty Fapstronaut

This movie was great. I was disappointed from Clint only being Ronin for 5 minutes in the movie. At least he used his sword for the rest of the movie. Professor Hulk was awesome. Don't understand how Doctor Strange was able to make a portal from Titan to Earth as I only thought sorcerer's could only make portals to different locations on the same planet.

Hank Pym likes this.
  13. As good as the movie was, it ruined all of the previous avenger movie for me permanently.

Because every time I see any clip of Iron man, I start to cry because he is gone now. Every old clip of Captain America makes me cry. So does every old scene of black widow.

Endgame has turned me into a crybaby :(

14. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

Movie for kids, american kids and people mostly.

Super trivial.

15. I gotta disagree, personally. I thought the pacing was perfect. For me, I was captivated and interested the entire time, and even through the whole 3 hours, I never once wondered how long it had been or felt like anything was taking too long. Which is so impressive for such a long film!

I've heard people say it was the kid Tony took under his wing in Iron Man 3.

Gamora? I'm not sure I understand the question.

The old Gamora was sacrificed for the soul stone, so she's dead dead, just as Black Widow is. The new Gamora from the past that we saw in this film is still alive. She ran off, and it showed at the end that Quill and the other guardians are looking for her.

It showed at the end that Quill was searching for her. I'm imagining that will be part of the plot of Guardians 3.

I mean, I think a lot of this just has to do with Chris Evans' contract being up and him wanting to move onto other things now. So they had to write Cap out of the story in a satisfying way. I think they did a pretty good job of it. Better than just killing him off or something.

Yeah, I agree. Clint's story was seriously underdeveloped, which was a little disappointing.

robin2752006 likes this.
  16. I have so many thoughts about Endgame. Most of it is just that I loved every single bit of it. lol It was such an incredible conclusion, and a cinematic experience unlike anything that has ever happened before, and probably unlike anything that will ever happen again.

I'm just gonna list things I liked. There will be SPOILERS, which should be pretty obvious, but I guess I'll say it anyway.

- Thor's character arc. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but it was such a highlight for me, honestly. First of all, I do really enjoy Chris Hemsworth in a comedic role, because he's so good at it. But more importantly, I loved the way his vulnerability and survivor's guilt highlighted the gravity of the whole situation. If the freaking GOD OF THUNDER is feeling so broken over failing the universe, it really makes you appreciate how severe of a loss this all was. Also, I don't really understand why so many people wanted him to just be the same ol' strong man he is in all the other movies. This film gave him actual character development, and I totally loved it.

- The opening scene. Chills. It was so perfect and so so sad. It set the mood perfectly.

- The slow pacing at the beginning. I really loved the slow build up for the first, I don't know, quarter or third of the film. I thought it was very appropriate to check in on everyone and how they are all handling this loss and failure in different ways.

- Someone in a podcast I listen to said that he loved how, no matter what character you're dying to see, whose story you're most excited about, this movie gave everyone something to enjoy. I definitely agree with that. Every major character had their big moment, in some way, and that was really great.

- The emphasis on the "veteran" characters. I really liked how the main focus of the film was, in my opinion, centered on Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. That felt appropriate. I loved that Tony ended up being the one to officially take down Thanos, rather than one of the newbies like Captain Marvel swooping in to save the day. This movie was a great send-off for Cap and Iron Man both. I felt Black Widow's send-off left a little bit to be desired, but it was really special and good too. Her sacrifice was absolutely vital, and of course she would sacrifice herself for Clint to be with his family.

- Lots of fun jokes and humor, in all the right places. To name a few of my favs:
    "As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass!"
    "Is that anybody's sandwich?"
    "I can do this all day." "Yeah, I know." - Past and Present Cap
    "Hail Hydra." - Captain America
    "I'm totally from the future." - Thor

Also just some epic, emotional lines I loved:
    "I lost the kid." (When Tony meets up with Cap back on earth. This was the first line that made me cry. I just love Tony and Peter's relationship so much.)
    "Avengers, assemble."
    "I am Iron Man."
    "We're going to be okay. You can rest now." - Pepper
    "I love you 3,000."

- Epic callbacks and fan-service that didn't feel forced. I loved the time travel element giving us a trip down memory lane in a way that felt pretty natural and fit with the plot. It gave us all something fun to look back on without feeling like the creators just plopped some random call-back into the middle of the movie that didn't make any sense, just for fan service.

Things I didn't like:

- I could have enjoyed a bit more from Clint's storyline. It felt like it was finally his time to get a bit of character development, but it seemed like it got cut short and wasn't as full and rich as I would have liked. But of course there wasn't much time.

- I wasn't super crazy about the Hulk in this film at first, but eventually I warmed up to it and I kind of thought it was cool that he came to a sort of balance and stopped viewing "the green guy" as a monster inside of him. He just embraced it and they became one with each other, which is pretty neat.

I'm not sure what else I didn't like. I'm sure there were some things, but they would all be really nitpicky if I listed them out, because they're so small.

Overall, I just loved the movie. It was great! Exceeded my already insanely high expectations.

17. SpringWater

SpringWater Fapstronaut

I think endgame ruined the whole MCU

The divergent timelines now...it’s just much

These movies have to have some realism or your taken out of it too much.,I know..aliens and green hulk and yadda yadda isn’t how life really is, but it could happen if we suspend some belief..it still could happen

But the timeline thing..too much..it’s like anything goes...

You lose continuity

It makes it too much like kids playing fantasy games

18. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Now that the spoiler ban is lifted, I will also include more in-depth thoughts about the movie.
    I didn't like the Thor arc at first. I am starting to understand why they did it. Haven't started liking it yet.
    I loved all the jokes. The Avengers Assemble scene was my favorite, I have it saved on instagram, I watch it 4-5 times each day.
    Iron man scene at the end made me cry. The hug scene as well. All those different character moments were great. I loved the movie overall.

Things they could've changed: I would've preferred more of how Tony figured the time-travel part out, instead of watching Antman walk around.

EDIT:
    Saw the film again today. Another part I really liked was the talk Tony and Captain America has when Tony returns from space. It was so emotional and well acted.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    SpringWater likes this.