1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meeting Girls During the Summer

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Marcus Aurelius, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Fapstronaut

So, I am 25 and I have been single my whole life. I have social anxiety when it comes to pretty girls and I had a problem when I was younger with getting a crush, not saying anything for a long time, finally saying something, getting rejected, and thus I have wasted a lot of time.

I really want to change all of that and get a girlfriend this summer or at least go on a date (maybe a few). What are good ways of meeting girls when you aren't in school?

2. It is not about the place, I hit up anywhere like parks, grocery shopping,mall actually I don't care about where I am when I see a pretty girl, I just go for it and forget my surroundings. I do delivery driving for Grubhub, and last night I was flirting with the pretty server girl in a pizzaria place. There is no limitation. You just gotta express your feelings.

Deleted Account and Ghost79 like this.
  3. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

Maybe join a speed dating?

4. Marcus Aurelius

How exactly do you "go for it"? I've always felt very uncomfortable with the idea of approaching a random woman in a store, on the bus etc.

Some of the reasons being...

1) It feels invasive to me.

2) As mentioned, my anxiety. I usually have no idea what to say. I'm always worried about coming across as a creep. The whole thing just feels so unlike me.

3) I know basically nothing about this person except that I'm physically attracted. I normally want there to be some point of connection beyond that.

4) I don't see other people walking up to random girls and talking to them. That just adds to my feeling that it's invasive and weird.

I'm not saying any of this to contradict you. These are things I should probably try to get past, but they are what stop me.

I might give that a shot.

5. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

Have you tried dating apps? I know it gets a lot of flack around here at times but that’s how I found my first and now girlfriend if almost 3 years.

I’m not saying it works for everyone because it certainly doesn’t but always keeping that app on your phone and trying is beneficial. Don’t completely abandon a method of acquiring a girlfriend, you want to keep all methods open.

6. You just go for it. No plan, just say something that you both relate to. Ex if you are on a grocery shopping say “I try to limit what i eat but when I come here I forget my diet” smile then ask “ do you feel the same way” and start from there. Remember it has to be natural and it is not creepy if you approach them, but it is hella creepy if you dream her and looking to her secretly from outside lol. So basically dont overthink

Kman20 and Ghost79 like this.
  7. Marcus Aurelius

I've been on OKCupid for a while and have had zero luck with it. I know that site gets a lot of hate for being difficult to use. I don't fully understand how it works. I was thinking of trying another one. Which site did you use?

Very true lol And, yes, over-thinking is my nemesis in this area. o_O

Thanks for the advice. :)

8. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

To be honest I used OKcupid lol, I remember it being really simple in the app form but these apps always change their formats so it may be different now.