1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel empty without a girl in my life!!!

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Me12345, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Me12345

Me12345 Fapstronaut

am an undergraduate student, am 21 and have only dated one girl all my life. unfortunately she broke up with me...
    ever since then, I have come close to dating any girl. the close I came was when I was introduced to a girl, I tried to draw her closer to Drme but it didn't happen and suddenly I just lost interest...
    have seen my friends go out with their girlfriends and it makes me feel depressed...
    I don't feel motivated anymore, the only thing that keeps popping up in my head is how to get a girl in my life. I feel odd sometime , I stopped doing the things I love because I always feel that there is something missing.
    I really need your help guys!!

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Having a girlfriend is not going to solve all your problems. I understand your situation but being single gives you more time for yourself and therefore more time to self-improvement.

3. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

I would say stop looking for an relationship for now, and work on yourself. Get out and start trying new things. Learn to love yourself more by doing things alone and become confident at it. It sucks but deal with it.

No women is going to feel sorry for an dude, and work to fix him when she can find the next guy who can sweep her off her feet.

4. BlueBalls

BlueBalls Fapstronaut

It's hard to escape the mindset that you're "empty" without a girl in your life.
    We have to get into the mindset that us guys are content with our lives, happy with or without a women, in other words you should try and reach a state of indifference.
    So the first thing is to start working on yourself in order to get to that state. You're still young so use this opportunity to get better. Join a gym, expand your social circle, get your education and stay busy, video games or whatever it takes to fill that void of loneliness.
    Once you're in a state of content, dating women will be easier and you will be more interesting to them.

5. Me12345

Me12345 Fapstronaut

am just going to go study...
    I have an exam coming one month time

6. I used to feel like this, reversed situation when i am single ( I am a woman in my mid 20s). i used to feel i needed to have a guy, to go on dates, to have a guy to cuddle me and love me. not gonna lie, i do not like seeing couples sometimes and working in bars I would see that and that made me frustrated of what i didn't have in that moment. last guy i had was end of last year (lasted a month and stopped so suddenly), being friends for a while but now after he replied "no" to me asking him to go for a walk on a precise day almost 2 months ago, i don't talk with him anymore. It is weird but I cannot throw away the birthday card he gave me on my birthday coz i think that would get me sad. somehow i still hope he would text me coz he misses my personality. I dunno why he hasn't removed me as friend on a social platform if he doesn't wanna see me anymore

btw good choice, first your personal success (study for your exams) and concentrate on them, it makes you proud :) take your mind off of it, if you make yourself happy by yourself you don't have these thoughts of missing a girl intensely. i am having a good time at my work and this makes me happy and feel energetic. good stuff is getting into dating and seeing the other person as added value in your life not the central part of your life. getting a girl is easier than you think, being introduced, at a party, just let it happen naturally, date when you are ready to do it healthy, no rebound and you feel ok from your ex relationship and ready to start a fresh, better chapter in your life :)

Kman20 and koolpal like this.
  7. BlueBalls

BlueBalls Fapstronaut

Not trying to be nasty, but it sounds like the guy you apparently friendzoned likes you but he doesn't have the guts or enough self respect to just cut you out of his life for good.

8. he is the one that friendzoned me https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/ex-guy-wanted-to-be-friends-but-why.210319/
    maybe simply he forgot i am still in his friend list. for sure i will never get in touch with him only if he does it

9. BlueBalls

BlueBalls Fapstronaut

Apologies I take it back. The guy sounds like he's not worth you spending your time and energy on, and if you're not cool with being just friends and want something more then you should state that and then you're good to walk away and not look back, and start dating other guys.

10. he refused to go for a walk last time we texted. it was just a walk. btw today i put a story with a picture to see if he was going to see it but he did not. he is not even curious to know what i am up to, how life has been for me. i had s. with him and i dunno this makes me feel it was something that emptied me, i did not even get a friend out of it. what was that for? basically. now i just think we are still "friends" on that social platform coz he is lazy and doesn't feel the need to delete me from there but doesn't want to reach out

11. Be active not passive. Small, positive steps, and make them into a habit.
    'I will be happy if..' is not the way forward. You will be happier if you learn and try things that work for you.
    Being an undergrad requires some work. Extend that principle into other parts of your life.
    You're doing fine.