1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do i maintain working in nightlife?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by blacklabel92, Apr 19, 2019.

1. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

I come home when the sun comes up and im tired, i want to sleep really bad but our bodies have been wired since B.C. to be up and active when the suns comes out. I usually go in around 9pm and come home around 5am. Its basically the opposite of a 9 to 5. I work at a nightclub. Any tips on how to do this while maintaining a healthy lifestyle? Im trying to quit cigarettes by using the vape pen, my job is the main reason i started chain smoking, its astressful job and almost everyone i work around smokes cigs. Back to my sleeping problem I was thinking of buying one of those black masks to put over my eyes, maybe that can help. Im also doing alot more meditation at home and that really helps with stress. Thanks for listening!

2. I am a night owl by nature so that schedule would be amazing for me, but if you get home at 5 and go straight to bed, than wake up around 1pm-2pm, that would give you 8-9 hours of sleep a night, than you would have 7-8 hours of time to do whatever before work. If you cannot sleep buy sleepy time extra tea, or yogi kava tea, also try meditation before bed with your tea. Also finding a job that suits your natural circadian rhythm would be a wise choice, an natural morning lark can work the night shift all he wants but he will always feel drained and unhappy, same goes for a night owl, trust me i know, i had a job where i had to wake up at 4am everyday and it was hell for me, so always find a job that matches your sleep pattern.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2019
    blacklabel92 likes this.
  3. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Thanks man. This advice means alot. Yeah its really hard to adjust to this lifestyle. They condition us early on to wake up early for school bcause most jobs are like that. But being me i had to do the opposite and fuck my life up.

BravelyKegger likes this.
  4. I personally like going against social norms, makes me feel more authentic.

blacklabel92 likes this.