1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The habit changer challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jan 10, 2019.

1. 20 hours of learning the german language now, on time that I otherwise would have wasted! :D

2. 17: After I have used my kitchen towel, I will do five dips.

The reason behind this awkward rule is that the kitchen towel is hanging on a place where it is perfect to do dips... :D

3. 18: After I get angry with my kids, I will close my eyes and take two deep breaths.

4. I've been way off with my habits the last few days. I think the reason is a combination of a cold I have and that I misbehave in the no screen challenge. I have trouble getting asleep because I code too much which results in me being tired the day after, then it's getting harder to follow my habits when the mood is a bit down. So, having recognized the problem, I'm going to take care of this and get back on track asap. I haven't stopped with all habits but some of them have been ignored because I'm tired, e.g. the exercising habits.

That said, I'm going to fix the root cause and then get back on track asap. :)

5. @Nati

@Nati Fapstronaut

After I wake up I will do yoga.

Force Majeure likes this.
  6. Today is a good day with all the habits in place :)

19: After I do push-ups, I will stretch my hip flexors.

7. Consistency is getting worse. In order to not worsen it even more, I am going relax my habits in order for me to actually succeed with what I commit myself to do. That said, I will pause eight of my habits and I am going to work on succeeding with the other 11. When I feel confident that I succeed with what I have committed myself to do, I will add one at a time until I get back on track.
    Until I'm back on track, I will count my number of habits that I use until I manage to do all the ones I have added so far.

11/19.

8. Ok, back on track!

I will remove this habit:
    ”After I take my vitamins, I will think about how I can make it easier for me to reach my life goals.”
    I can’t really fit it into my morning routine, too many other things are happening.

Also, I will remove this one:
    ”After I put my head on the pillow, I will think about happy memories with my kids.”
    My hope was to stear my dreams a bit but it doesn’t really work.

I will add this one:
    ”After I start to doubt whether I should do A or B, I will choose the one that is further away from my comfort zone.”

That said, I’m at my 18th habit now. :)

9. SpeedPRDGi

SpeedPRDGi Fapstronaut

This is a fantastic idea, definitely going to try to incorporate better habits into my daily life! I'll start with two:

-After I clock in at work, I will drink a bottle of water.

-After I get ready for bed, I will read a chapter of a book (currently reading QBQ by John Miller).

:)

10. So good! I started to miss the company here, tbh :D

SpeedPRDGi likes this.
  11. This habit is absolutely brilliant! Whenever I doubt whether I should do something or not I start to think about the options, weigh the resistance of the possible actions and choose the one that is toughest or most discomfortable to do. It makes me challenge myself in a whole different way and I grow as a person a lot. I am so happy I invented this habit.

12. I’m on track with all my habits except the cleaning challenges. Also the 10 push-ups after every glass of water isn’t executed every time. At least I’m doing 10 push-ups after some glasses of water every day and I clean up some things according to my specified habits here... but it’s not close to every time for the moment. Sticking to 30 new habits is quite a challenge!

13. Even though I am slipping on some habits in this challenge, I am getting more disciplined every day as I am improving on other things even more. I'm in some sort of self-improvement flow right now and it feels really good. Some day, I will manage to get to 30 new habits and stick to them, working my way to get to that point.

Since nine days back, I have change my habit "After I wake up, I will have ten deep breaths at the balcony" to "After I wake up, I will go out for a morning run". In order to get time for that, I go up 05:30, every day.

SpeedPRDGi likes this.
  14. SpeedPRDGi

SpeedPRDGi Fapstronaut

Going to add two more:

After I clock in at work, I will drink a bottle of water.

After I get ready for bed, I will read a chapter of a book (currently reading QBQ by John Miller).

*NEW* After I wake up, I will say a morning prayer and meditate for 5 minutes.

*NEW* After I get off work, I will go straight to the gym to work (aiming for five times a week; ambitious but I was on that schedule of working out for a few weeks back in February)

15. I am getting behind with a whole bunch of other habits. As with everything else, the road to sustained happiness is not straight - it is bumpy and discontinuous. I will add a new habit now and some day in the future, the day will come when I have 30 habits that I can stick to.

After I realise I'm not doing anything important on my phone, I will put it away.

16. I don't like the fact I haven't done a clean finish of this challenge so I'm going to do this challenge again with a better set of rules. My goal is to do 30 new habits in total for 30 days each, not necessarily at the same time. So I'm going to have one counter saying how many habits I have done for 30 days and then individual counters for each habit, telling how many days I'm at. @Rising Force , as we have discussed habits a bit, maybe this is the right time for you to join this challenge with the same rules I'm applying now?

0/30 habits done for 30 days each
    0/30 After I have used my kitchen towel, I will do five dips
    0/30 After I start to doubt whether I should do A or B, I will choose the one that is further away from my comfort zone.
    0/30 After I realise I'm not doing anything important on my phone, I will put it away.
    0/30 After I enter the kitchen, I will tidy up one thing.
    0/30 After I pee at home, I will clean up two misplaced things in the bathroom.

17. I'm having trouble remembering all this so I just updated my background picture on my phone so that I get constantly reminded about this.

0/30 habits done for 30 days each
    0/30 After I have used my kitchen towel, I will do five dips
    0/30 After I start to doubt whether I should do A or B, I will choose the one that is further away from my comfort zone.
    0/30 After I realise I'm not doing anything important on my phone, I will put it away.
    0/30 After I enter the kitchen, I will tidy up one thing.
    0/30 After I pee at home, I will clean up two misplaced things in the bathroom.

18. Something is not working for me here. I’m going to try with another counter: counting how many times I have done the habit instead.

0/30 habits done 50 times each
    0/50 After I have used my kitchen towel, I will do five dips
    0/50 After I start to doubt whether I should do A or B, I will choose the one that is further away from my comfort zone.
    0/50 After I realise I'm not doing anything important on my phone, I will put it away.
    0/50 After I enter the kitchen, I will tidy up one thing.
    0/50 After I pee at home, I will clean up two misplaced things in the bathroom.

19. 0/30 habits done 50 times each
    2/50 After I have used my kitchen towel, I will do five dips
    0/50 After I start to doubt whether I should do A or B, I will choose the one that is further away from my comfort zone.
    1/50 After I realise I'm not doing anything important on my phone, I will put it away.
    5/50 After I enter the kitchen, I will tidy up one thing.
    5/50 After I pee at home, I will clean up two misplaced things in the bathroom.

Now the hardest thing is to count, trying to solve the counting in some neat way...