1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One year update (it is possible to turn your life around)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Angus McGyver, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Westsidejimmy

Westsidejimmy Fapstronaut

I had the same issue with the scarcity and poverty mindset. I own a large home in an expensive city. I was ranting about costs six months ago when a friend who is a very successful restaurateur asked me how long I could go on assets at my current lifestyle if I just quit. I figured 3 years. His reply was you already have more fu money than me. I've always seen him as more successful than myself. Changed my perspective.

Envoy-ofthe-End likes this.
  2. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Hello! Unfortunately I haven't been able to start it up yet since I still have another two months remaining at my current workplace but I would be more than willing to give some simple advice and tips regarding the subject if you want to.

Best Angus McG

3. neutral1000

neutral1000 Fapstronaut

Yes I would like to,
    Thanks Bro

4. Nheylmlh

Nheylmlh Fapstronaut

5. St. Elmo’s Fire

St. Elmo’s Fire Fapstronaut

6. livinglikeaMonk

livinglikeaMonk Fapstronaut

congrats ma man, i have a question and that is do u have experienced a flatline in your reboot ?

7. Jerry120

Jerry120 Fapstronaut

Coming up quick on a quadruple century! Keep it going!

Angus McGyver likes this.
  8. Spriritofawarrior

Spriritofawarrior Fapstronaut

within 7 months, could you say that you were 90 percent recovered by then??

9. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

Inspiring. Congrats

10. Abetterbrain

Abetterbrain Fapstronaut

This is an amazing post. Thanks for the uplifting message. I hope your self development venture is a success.

11. Angus McGyver

Not at all. It was not until after 9 months I discovered there are more meaningful employments for me in life than my current job and after 11 months, I started to discover the power of your infinite mind (or subconscious mind) so it is always a constant process of rebooting and although I am feeling more fulfilled than ever before, it might still take some time (maybe another year or two) before I am fully rebooted. It is not as quick and fast as a process as many might think but there are many tools and mental though patterns you can use to speed it up a bit.

Freeddom_Taker likes this.
  12. Angus McGyver

Thanks for the uplifting words! I am sure it will be as I envision (daily) the picture of myself being successful in my upcoming profession. I will then make plenty of money of which I can donate generously to causes and projects I really support and believe in. I will also have a beautiful home, a lovely and beautiful wife, great children, and surround myself with great people as I continue to help people change their paradigm (habits) in order to improve their lives so they can live them to the fullest. I have a cut and clear purpose with life these days which is something I didn't have only a year ago.

13. PeterBE

PeterBE Fapstronaut

Nice mcgyver, keep this thread alive since there are not many interesting stories for me to read

Getting ready for day12 here

14. Angus McGyver

Not much at all actually. The only kind of flatline I experienced was after 5-6 months when I started to slack off my good habits for a little during vacation. During that time, I was occasionally feeling almost as depressed and sad as I did during my old fapping days so you really got to stay on top of your game in order for the NoFap benefits to get the desired effects.
    It all depends on your mental and physical health at the day you begin the journey. The effects will of course feel quite bleak if you are overweight, drink, smoke, eat junk-food, don't meditate and rarely exercise so you got to throw out the bad habits one at a time. NoFap will definitely help you in discarding many of your bad habits and after a long time into the journey, you will even be able to discard those habits you found almost impossible to get off from the beginning.
    These days, I don't even drink alcohol actually as I discarded that habit completely in January.

15. livinglikeaMonk

livinglikeaMonk Fapstronaut

Thanks for the replay i really appreciate your help .

16. ssha6451

ssha6451 Fapstronaut

I think what you are doing is great mate.
    I think in this climate of toxic feminism and overly PC culture there has been a neglect in men's health issues.
    I hope it all works out.

17. PeterBE

PeterBE Fapstronaut

Agree with the pc culture there

18. Angus McGyver

There has been a huge neglect in men's health issues for the past decades, despite the fact that a vast majority of committed suicides is comprised of men. It hasn't become any better by mainstream media and popular culture (i.e. Hollywood culture) portraying men and family fathers as absolute imbecills, fools and jerks of various kinds. To raise the confidence, self-esteem and great power that rests amongst Western men (making them become their greatest versions) is going to be one of my life's purposes.
    Society as a whole is losing tremendously by pushing their productive forces (i.e.men) down and keeping them on the carpet instead of raising them and make them productive members instead. Today's PC-culture is creating nothing but resentment, anger, and hate amongst its critics.

19. Angus McGyver

No, it was never limp, smaller, thinner or anything of that matter. As mentioned previously, I didn't have much of flatlines during my NoFap-journey so far. The only exception being for 2-3 weeks in August when I didn't stay on top of my game and slowly started to slip back into old destructive patterns and habits.
    Staying on top of your game (diet, exercise, meditation, disconnecting from technology more, practicing self-control, etc) is key to be successful at NoFap. Sitting on the couch all day long, doing the same unproductive things with the only difference being NoFap won't get you very far.

20. Great streak man ! I think one of the best things from this nofap streak is that you developed new interest - helping men with life problems. I think you want to become a life coach who focuses on men. Its really interesting business idea. Mainly because we all have problems and these days guys just become weak once they understand that women can do everything these days without them. Damn, possibilities are great here. I'm thinking even the school of gentlemen and Gentleman club or something. Something where guys can be trained to be a man with a modern woman in these modern days. Or a club where guys can meet and spend time together, sharing knowledge and being amongst men.

ronkumar and justafriend like this.