1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can the Bible help me? It's confusing!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Tao Jones, Mar 16, 2019.

1. petros1982

petros1982 Fapstronaut

:)
    This is actually stuck on my bedroom wall so that it's the first thing I see when I get out of bed in the morning.

Tao Jones likes this.
  2. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

Ha ha, the bible is confusing. I hear the words but don't understand how to accept Christ as saviour. Recently I posted that we can have the hardest time forgiving ourselves. Maybe it's the idea that I don't deserve to be forgiven that's getting in the way.

letter likes this.
  3. Accepting Christ as Savior and Lord is easy: You believe he is who he says he is -- and then you will begin living your life in a way that reflects that belief! So, for example, you mention the idea of forgiving yourself and how hard that is to do. If you believe Jesus, he says you are forgiven. Done. So, if he has forgiven you, why do you still hold onto the wrong and its consequence? You are free to put it down; the God of the universe no longer holds it against you. This is very good news!

None of us deserve to be forgiven. That is what makes the fact that he has forgiven us so mind-blowing. he loves us even when we are actively trying to destroy ourselves and blow up everything around us. He loves us even when we deny him. His love is the most powerful force in reality -- and it is directed at us. Wow!

i hope that is helpful to you. I'd love to discuss further if you ever want to. Feel free to message me here or in a private conversation. God bless you on your journey!

letter likes this.
  4. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

@Tao Jones I guess the hard part is reconciling the idea that the creator of everything walked among us in the body of a man.

letter likes this.
  5. What about this do you find hard to reconcile? If this is the God who made everything and performs miracles on a daily basis, what would prevent such a powerful being from assuming human form and humbling himself to be like us?

letter likes this.
  6. Man08

Man08 Fapstronaut

I watch that channel too.

Tao Jones and petros1982 like this.