1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can the Bible help me? It's confusing!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Tao Jones, Mar 16, 2019.

1. The topic has come up more than once on the Christian Fapstronauts group about the helpfulness of the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures. The responses there are not able to be over 655 characters, so I am creating this thread here for those interested to discuss in greater depth how we go about understanding Scripture and applying it to our lives.

ring likes this.
  2. Trevorphilipz

Trevorphilipz Fapstronaut

The length restrictions for posts in the groups are an annoyance and a deterrent to discuss matters of importance in detail, but they are a good forum to meet with other like-minded indivicuals so these discussions can be had using other services. I think it would help NoFap to increase the length and remove the chat CD(Cool Down) in getting more people into larger groups and encouraging longer and more in-depth discussions within those groups (within the realm of reason, of course!). While the Bible is brought up in the Christian Fapstronaut group, I think having a bible study period, discussions about the bible and what certain passages mean, maybe group prayers and things like that would be beneficial to the participants.

3. letter likes this.
  4. Trevorphilipz

The character restrictions are hindering, but there are ways to work around those. I'm not sure the developers would feel there is substantial evidence to remove or extend them. Do I think it would help NoFap if they did? Sure because it would allow members in groups to post longer comments and hold discussions in greater detail. Would it worry me if they decide not to? Not really, it would just mean things would stay the same as they are now. As I said, they're an annoyance, sure, but they're manageable so I don't really want to bother the devs about it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. @Trevorphilipz Did you want to reiterate here some of our last conversation about Jesus in the Scriptures and continue from there? I didn't want to paste things into this thread from the group post comments without your permission. Let me know!

6. Trevorphilipz

I wonder if someone would talk to the devs about adding a skype based audio/video call system and a text based group or individual instant messaging system to the site and the groups. I think those additions will help NoFap out quite a bit and make the site more enjoyable and useful to the members/guests/users.

7. We use Discord for that. Real-time alerts to a group, text chat, audio/video calling capability. No need to re-invent the wheel. Let me know if you want an invite to our NoFap Discord server.

8. Trevorphilipz

Will I be able to access it from my computer?

9. Trevorphilipz

Welp I joined so we'll see how this goes. I still hope this 'group' here on NoFap pans out. But sure we can talk about the Bible and have discussions and perhaps prayer sessions here and whatnot depending on the general consensus of the persons involved.

10. So, you had made a very interesting response to my assertion that Jesus is the main figure in Scripture and that he is the key to interpreting it correctly. I do not have it in front of me. Should I look it up or do you recall what you said? That was what prompted the creation of this thread in the first place.

11. petros1982

petros1982 Fapstronaut

wow. That's a big topic.
    I'll throw two cents in here and say that I love how some of the most encouraging and uplifting content in the new testament comes from a guy that spent the first half of his life persecuting and executing christians, started off for damascus one day, fell off his horse and ended up in a dungeon writing some of the most influential letters ever published.

Tao Jones likes this.
  12. Trevorphilipz

I remember what I said. I said that religion/spirituality is like a puzzle and perhaps Jesus is the solution to that puzzle. I am quite certain he is in the center of the puzzle, but what if the solution is the Trinity?

13. So, what's the difference between Jesus and the Trinity? I mean, they're both God. What I meant about Jesus being the key to interpreting the Scripture is that knowing him and what he is like makes the focus and intent of all of Scripture very plain. He is love, and his commands to us are all about love. That seems to be the overarching theme of Scripture, and his role in that love is absolutely central. Whether "he" mean "Jesus" or "God" or "Trinity" is largely (in this instance) irrelevant, I think.

Trevorphilipz likes this.
  14. Man08

Man08 Fapstronaut

Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit are God, not Gods, but God, they are God and they are one and the same, there is only one God.Trinity is nothing but man's try to understand God, just stick with what the Bible says, there's only one God.Satan is the enemy of God and of all humanity, he is very active in toda's world, many of the most known people are his puppets to promote his agenda, search about masons, ilumminati and skull and bones, these are some of the secret societies that govern the whole world.

Start with the gospels, they are amazing, then go on with the books written by the apostles, if Jesus is the image of the invisible God, then His apostles are the image of Jesus, you will learn more about Jesus from His apostoles.Find a christian forum and start asking questions, you will learn much more this way.

Yes, Jesus is the answer, He and only He, stay away from the new age garbage.

Jesus can help you, I am the living proof, 127 days with no P and M and believe me, I've been through hell in all this time and I am still here.Ask Him, in your own words, in a prayer, for His help, keep doing it every day, don't give up, in special when you are down, that is the best moment to call for His help.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  15. Trevorphilipz

Guess you guys are right, Jesus is the answer.

goodnice 2.0, Tao Jones and Man08 like this.
  16. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    If you have seen me, you have seen the Father - Jesus

17. Bible is best book in the word It will 100% will help you. No doubt. I read it 1 time fully.

? ? ? and Tao Jones like this.
  18. petros1982

petros1982 Fapstronaut

I've been finding that it takes me a lot of time to appreciate and contextualise the Bible. It is an incredibly deep and diverse piece of literature that has more answers than the entire content of the self-help section in amazon, calls me out on my bullshit more than any friend or counselor, and when I'm lost I find I can land on just the right passage to point me back to the right path and feel like I've been given a big hug along the way.
    One resource that really helped me to get some understanding of how the whole book is structured is "the bible project" videos on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVfwlh9XpX2Y_tQfjeln9QA

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  19. Those videos are phenomenal. I highly recommend them. Learning from the Scripture is a life-long process; it does indeed take a lot of time! But our infinite Source will never run dry, and there will always be something new and fresh for us when we turn to him. His mercies are new every morning! :)

goodnice 2.0 and Trevorphilipz like this.