1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice needed here guys

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by IM here, Mar 14, 2019.

1. IM here

IM here Fapstronaut

So, i downloaded tinder yearsterday and got a match, texted her asking some questions about her and she only replied with single word everytime, i asked her out then she just replied " i cant sorry", any advice on what to do here??
    Should i just pass on her??

2. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

If we have something good, we want something better. She probably has many matches with guys that considers better than you, so she hopes that she will date them. Also, a percentage of women created a tinder account because they are bored...

IM here likes this.
  3. SpoonDog

SpoonDog Fapstronaut

This is a common occurrence with online dating and finding someone who puts effort into their responses isn't easy. You'll probably end up chatting to more one word wonders before you land upon a more chatty one.

And yes, you definitely want to pass on her.

IM here likes this.
  4. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

Online dating is really a numbers game. You will get far more failures than successes, but you just have to keep on pushing through and try not to take any of the failures personally. In my opinion, online dating should be really simple:
    1. You get a match.
    2. You send a few messages back and forth.
    3. You arrange to meet up.
    4. Rinse and repeat until you naturally find someone you click with.
    If anyone stumbles at any of those steps, e.g. they fail to reply to messages or they aren't keen to meet up, you pass on them and keep on going, keep moving forwards. In my opinion it should really be that simple.

IM here and hardowner like this.
  5. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

Move on bro, I my case for every 100 women I message, 10 get back to me. From those 10 women only 1 or 2 seem to want to go on a date with me. You get better with this overtime though.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    IM here, 1978 and hardowner like this.
  6. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

Yes, the key is to treat it like a numbers game. The more you swipe and the more you message, the more chances of getting a date. Then, the more dates you go on, the more chance of finding someone you naturally click with.

I think it can be a common mistake when new to online dating to think that it might be as straightforward as sending just a handful of messages to a few women you like, getting a match, getting a date, then her becoming your girlfriend.

I like to compare online dating to job hunting. You don't just apply for a few jobs and then suddenly end up with a job. Well, not usually anyway. You usually have to put a lot of time into applying for lots of jobs, then maybe go to a bunch of interviews before you find one that suits you. And it depends on how much you want it. It depends on how tired you are of being unemployed.

Success is about continually jumping back to your feet every time you fall over. The road to success is paved with loads of failures that you bounce back from.

IM here likes this.
  7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

8. Ridley

Ridley Fapstronaut

Sounds like it's probably a good idea to just move on. You asked her out for a date and she said no. Sounds like there are lots of other people out there who are way more worth your time.

9. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

FACTS

IM here likes this.
  10. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

Exactly. You ask someone out for a date, they say no, you move on and find someone else to ask out on a date. Rinse and repeat until you find someone who says yes. Then you rinse and repeat until you find a good match. No need to get hung up on one person at such an early stage in the process.

IM here likes this.
  11. IM here

IM here Fapstronaut

Thanks alot guys for the advice.

1978 likes this.