1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Photography Thread

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 20, 2018.

Should this thread be moved back to the Self Improvement board?

1. Hell yes!

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Hell yes!

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. No.

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I know it's not that good like yours
    But here is my try
    IMG-20181229-WA0002.jpg

2. very nice! keep it up

3. You'd be amazed what you can do with a $500 or less DSLR and even a kit lens. Given the context of our conversation, I'd recommend taking the time to learn about the "Exposure Triangle" for photography and get a starter camera and use Manual mode to learn and produce greater and greater images. :)

4. uGes

uGes Fapstronaut

5. tet2vd

tet2vd Fapstronaut

Been thinking about the fall colors lately after sitting through this unusually cold winter so here’s something I was looking at that I took a couple years ago

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  6. That's very pretty. What church?

tet2vd, Deleted Account, u376 and 2 others like this.
  7. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

thanks.....its kasauli, himachal pradesh, india

8. went hiking, starting taking artsy photos with my phone like an idiot, accidentally captured a shot of an airplane flying through the frame. sometimes the picture comes to you.

[​IMG]

9. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

Zig, this looks like it belongs at burning man.

Really cool :) even cooler it's w/ a phone

10. So, I've been experimenting a lot with DeepDream lately. It's a type of AI software that over processes photographs with specific patterns, it's really neat and I've been getting some cool results

before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. tet2vd

tet2vd Fapstronaut

Snapchat also has something similar too actually, but this is pretty sweet @zig !!

12. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

This software seems to be similar with Prisma effect app

13. Having a lot of fun with deep dream. Now that I'm getting better with the software I can get into using my own templates to process my photos.

My first idea for a template was outer space. NASA publishes many of their photos online, and it's mostly open-source. I took this picture from their site to use as a template

[​IMG]

Now that I had a template, I needed a subject photo. This had always been one of my favorite photographs of mine, and I wanted to combine space with a more terrestrial picture of nature, so this shot was an obvious choice.

[​IMG]

Some cropping + adjusting the settings + tweaking the depth and weight of the new picture, andddd

[​IMG]

Deleted Account, tet2vd, u376 and 2 others like this.
  14. 0111zerozero11

Zig.
    That is some art, my friend. I'd totally put this in some sweet frame & hang it

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. 0111zerozero11

Would you consider this conceptual photography, Zig?

16. Thanks for your support as always dude. 8) It's a very good question, I'm not really sure to be honest, I've been toiling with that very question for some time now.

It is still my photograph, but the AI involvement makes me feel like it departs from photography. Where is the line between photography and graphics design? I'm not sure. but either way, it's cool as hell.

I think I'll take some long exposure pictures of the night sky with my dslr. It'll probably make me feel better to know that I own both the template and subject of the pictures I create. I don't want this to be cheap, low hanging computer art y'know?

17. 0111zerozero11

Dudette & I dig it

Let me know how night sky long exposure works out. On my to do list to learn when it warms up

18. I've done them before, they look pretty decent with a regular tripod, remote shutter and ~20-30 second exposures, but to get the really high quality space shots with 5+ minute exposures, you'll need either an automatic sky tracker or equatorial mount, neither of which come cheap. : (

the stars would be so much easier to shoot if they didn't move around so damn much!

19. 0111zerozero11

Friggin stars!

Thx, ziggy

20. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Cool idea, @zig. Looks super interesting.