1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Day 16. Leg routine today again. Also yoga. The only part of my body that's sore is my neck, lol.

2. Day 17. Upper body routine. Tomorrow I'm trying out a spinning class; that's gonna suck, because my endurance is pretty poor.

3. I had a great winter-hiking-experience. After that I fell out of the zone again. Now I've got a real life accountability partner for exercise and other stuff.

Great to see that this thread gets going again!
    Wish you all awesome workouts!!!

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Day 18. Did the spinning. Don't think I'm doing it again. :p

5. Way to go! That sounds like a good restart, taking the challenge for real once more. I want to do the same but right now I have an injured foot which has been a pain in the *ss for the last two months. This has really messed up my training. As soon as my foot is good again I will take this challenge one more time.

6. I'm gonna hit the gym. I'm feeling really down, but it usually helps to cheer me up.
    Injuries really suck, I was taking up running for a while, but the arches of my feet started hurting and eventually I gave up. Maybe I just need a special type of shoe, but I can't be bothered with that right now.

7. I ended up doing both upper body and legs yesterday. So today I just did 10 minutes of jump rope. I have 17" calves and barely fit into some of my jeans, so I've cut back in the jump roping, tho. :p

8. The dance class was rough today, damn social anxiety. My mindfulness training (among other things) does help, though. the old me would've had a complete mental breakdown.
    Also I did "legs". But it's devolved into mostly glute+hamstring training since I'm content with the size of my quads and calfs.

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  9. Day 22. Upper body routine again. I'm still getting noticably stronger every single week (newbie gains :cool:). It's really motivating.

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  10. Day 24. Still going strong. Almost didn't do anything on day 23, but I got a late workout in.

11. Shoto Jaya is back.Recovered from my wrist injury.Today is the tricep and chest day

icebreaker polarstern likes this.
  12. Grrr I messed up. No daily exercise (but nearly). Which did I do something and which not??
    Today at least I did a bunch of workout! So back to 1/30.

To myself or who it may concern:
    10 Minutes of exercise is already enough, which means you just need to start with it. Most of the times it will become more like 40 or 60 minutes.

Note: weekly updates intended.

Shoto Jaya and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Want to stop 656

Want to stop 656 Fapstronaut

14. I failed too.:p
    I'm not enjoying my leg routine. I might need to switch up somehow.

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  15. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

29 day

Yesterday was walking around one hour and doing exercises too. Today planning do the same.

16. Day 1: Felt good about the upper body workout yesterday. Only negative is that I'm progressing slower than I'd like on the pullups.
    Day 2: Pistol squats are a such a pain in the ass. I'm not the biggest fan of cardio (especially when there is no concrete goal), but I'm gonna take it more seriously and try to do 10 minutes of it at the end of every workout.

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  17. VivreLibre

VivreLibre Fapstronaut

I rededicated myself to Nofap about two weeks ago, and along with it I decided to start exercising regularly. I've been keeping my workouts in a journal, but I want to also add my workouts here.

Weeks 1 & 2 looked like this
    M/W/F - Sprint 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m finish. average time about 15 minutes. total distance 1 mile. Great workout if you want to increase your cardio. very hard the first couple days but got easier with continued work outs.

Tu/Th - 3 sets of the following circuit:
    10 pull ups, 20 kettleball swings, 20 sit ups, 20 pushups, rest. Average time: 20 minutes. Very simple, but after only two weeks I've already started to see a change in my body.

Week three I will change my running workouts a bit but likely keep the tu/th workouts the same. excited to compete in this challenge!

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  18. Nice! :)
    The cardio looks good. How long do you rest between the sprints? My arches should be able to handle that since it's short distance.

As a side note, I'm one of those people who believe that sit-ups is a bad exercise that is potentially bad for the spine because the main function of the core is to resist movement, not to curl the torso. But I should be quiet.:p

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  19. Day 3. Setting PRs left and right today. :D Aside from that, my routine is getting way too long. I need to chill out.

20. VivreLibre

VivreLibre Fapstronaut

in between the sprints I rest for as long as I need. The focus is not necessarily to complete the workout as fast as possible, its to run as hard as you can. When I started a couple of weeks ago I would honestly rest until I caught my breath, and its cool to see how quickly your body adjusts after completing the workout several times it almost becomes easy!