1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you take care of the fear of being alone forever.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zxcv, Feb 6, 2019.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

How do you take care of the fear of being alone forever. Really it's not just about wanting to find a wife, but I mean not being about to connect to people in general. I guess I'm just one of those lucky people that need to connect to people but doesn't know how to. I've only been dealing with this for 10 years...

2. This really sounds like your depression talking. I don't know. Sometimes I see you post things on here, and people reply to you, but then we don't hear from you again. Having conversations with people on here might be a start. Give it a try!

OnTheEdge likes this.
  3. nef

nef Fapstronaut

I think we should do something about being lonely all the time how about going out try to talk to the opposite gender may be your luck work out someday

4. FeelTheThunder

FeelTheThunder Fapstronaut

I remember this was so me before starting NoFap, i used to talk to like ONLY my friends which are like 3-4 and I remember once i started NoFap I needed to do something to utilize my extra energy, I started playing some games, made friends and stuff, So yeah the key lies in trying out new things. You can start practicing by talking with a few people on this forum.

5. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

You can't just ask people how to connect with someone because that's an personal experience between you and the other person... only you can find that answer when you get out of your comfort zone and do something with your life. Job, school/college, hobby... When you do something you meet people and eventually make friends.

Don't let your mindset hold you back...

If one thing bothers you it's normal.

If two things bother you maybe it's time to do something about it.

If three things bother you, you're really in a tough place and need to do something about it.

If everything around you bothers you, it's not reality but depression and you need to focus on your inner problems not the world.

TurnTides likes this.
  6. LilD

LilD Fapstronaut

Make more friends. Having more friends, you have more chances to find a romantic partner, and at the same time, you feel less lonely.

7. Pity

Pity Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them...

This is from Ephesians. From the new testament of the bible. Your creator is not willing you to be bored. See for yourself if there is a personal invitation for you in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Read it. Dont be bored.

miXhal likes this.
  8. Pity

Pity Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Ephesians 2 King James Version (KJV)

2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

miXhal likes this.
  9. Pity

Pity Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Psalm 146:10
    Verse Concepts
    The LORD will reign forever, Your God, O Zion, to all generations. Praise the LORD!

Psalm 47:8
    Verse Concepts
    God reigns over the nations, God sits on His holy throne.

Psalm 93:1
    Verse Concepts
    The LORD reigns, He is clothed with majesty; The LORD has clothed and girded Himself with strength; Indeed, the world is firmly established, it will not be moved.

Exodus 15:18
    Verse Concepts
    "The LORD shall reign forever and ever."

Psalm 10:16
    Verse Concepts
    The LORD is King forever and ever; Nations have perished from His land.

Psalm 9:7-12
    But the LORD abides forever; He has established His throne for judgment, And He will judge the world in righteousness; He will execute judgment for the peoples with equity. The LORD also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, A stronghold in times of trouble;read more.
    And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You. Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion; Declare among the peoples His deeds. For He who requires blood remembers them; He does not forget the cry of the afflicted.

Lamentations 5:19
    Verse Concepts
    You, O LORD, rule forever; Your throne is from generation to generation.

1 Timothy 6:16
    Verse Concepts
    who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

Psalm 145:13
    Verse Concepts
    Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And Your dominion endures throughout all generations.

Daniel 4:3
    Verse Concepts
    "How great are His signs And how mighty are His wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom And His dominion is from generation to generation.

Revelation 11:15
    Verse Concepts
    Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever."

Revelation 15:3
    Verse Concepts
    And they sang the song of Moses, the bond-servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, "Great and marvelous are Your works, O Lord God, the Almighty; Righteous and true are Your ways, King of the nations!

Psalm 29:10
    Verse Concepts
    The LORD sat as King at the flood; Yes, the LORD sits as King forever.

Psalm 92:8
    Verse Concepts
    But You, O LORD, are on high forever.

Daniel 4:34
    Verse Concepts
    "But at the end of that period, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever; For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, And His kingdom endures from generation to generation.

Daniel 6:26
    Verse Concepts
    "I make a decree that in all the dominion of my kingdom men are to fear and tremble before the God of Daniel; For He is the living God and enduring forever, And His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed, And His dominion will be forever.

Micah 4:7
    Verse Concepts
    "I will make the lame a remnant And the outcasts a strong nation, And the LORD will reign over them in Mount Zion From now on and forever.

1 Timothy 1:17
    Verse Concepts
    Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 5:11
    Verse Concepts
    To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

11. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

Why do you fear this? Is there a reason you can't get a wife or friends?

You say you don't know how to connect to people. Is it because of awkwardness? Social anxiety? Depression? Something else that may impede on your ability to connect to others?

Figure out why you find it difficult to connect to others and work on that. And I'm sorry you've gone through 10 years of this. But mopping around on the internet not trying to fix yourself won't make you feel any better.

I believe in you. You got this!

12. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

Strong desire to get married and never having a girlfriend at 30.

I don't really know how to connect to people. I'm awkward around people, do have social anxiety and depressed.

TimeToQuitNow likes this.
  13. Lightright

Lightright New Fapstronaut

To connect with people you have to be willing to be vulnerable and expose yourself emotionally in some way, by talking about what you like, what you dislike, your opinions on what the other people say.. Sometimes people will react in ways that you don't like, but that's how it goes and rarely is anyone deliberately trying to make anyone else feel bad. Eventually, interaction becomes easier as you become more confident and don't worry as much about what people may or may not say, and you're socializing more.

TimeToQuitNow likes this.
  14. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

I heard of some people who talk to strangers about mundane things to get through social anxiety. They may ask them for the time or directions. Slowly they work up to more advanced and personal topics. Maybe you can do that.

If you want a wife why not use a dating app? Couldn't hurt, right?

15. leslieyang

leslieyang New Fapstronaut

You are nice

16. All I can suggest is, if you get the idea she wants you back wether it be true or not, changes everything. The only problem is waiting.
    This is especially difficult if your peers are active, but waiting can be done.

17. miXhal

miXhal Fapstronaut

Simply by this: trusting God that He will lead you the right way. He knows what and when´s best for you. Put your faith in Him, remember that you are never truly alone and let Him show you the best path.

Try to search for this this (there´s a lot more in the Bible): World´s best 13
    Bible verses for single people

18. keep doing nofap. it makes you braver