1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your life's philosophy

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by u376, Jan 25, 2019.

1. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

What do you want to achieve and how you handle stress and confusion......
    What are the morals which you follow
    Do share......I need some motivation

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I want a quiet life without bothering anyone, that is all. I don't think I will be able to achieve it and I sleep to handle the stress.

u376 likes this.
  3. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Haha......same here

4. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

"Existence precedes essence."

That summarizes most of my philosophical thoughts over the past year. I think it's best to establish foundations in your life and then build on those foundations to create a legacy. Something like that.

I won't get into morals, but managing stress and other negative emotions becomes easier when you drive yourself to realize your goals. You build confidence, and you also develop skills that can be used in, either, your professional or personal life.

When I need motivation, I think about what I want from life, and how unless I work toward it daily it will dissolve into the sort of regret that so many people are burdened by. Taking action, even in small things, really helps me refocus and have more mental energy.

Good luck in your pursuits, bro.

AStrongBear, nerd_lean and u376 like this.
  5. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Mutual understanding, peace, happiness and brotherly love. We’re all evolved primates riding together on a rocky spaceship going over 30 kilometers per second in the vast emptiness of space, wanting better lives for ourselves and our community (of course, depending on your beliefs). Within society’s heart is the person, and within the person’s heart is society, hence bettering off both is what I believe in.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  6. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

yes........thats what psychologist told me.......
    she asked my goals and what i want from life...........but man......after relapse..........i just feel so demotivated.........and the fact that i have already wasted precious amount of time is quite depressing..........
    as coming to confidence...........my constant failures..........have wrecked my little confidence.......thats why i will focus on skills.....
    i think motivation is a very precious thing.......now i will try to treasure it

AStrongBear and EthanW. like this.
  7. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

your philosophy seems to be related to vast majority.....
    this seems more like to be that of a leader.......good but i was referring to our personal goals..........

AStrongBear likes this.
  8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Haha, yeah it came out preachy, but what I meant is my personal goal is to be like that more. The more hard-headed I got, the more I realised how often I failed in my other goals because I filled myself with negative energy.

CH3RRY and u376 like this.
  9. I am a nihilist, if you break things down, they loose meaning, leaving me to think that all of existence has no meaning, nor does it need to have "something" that humans came up with, due to what they are evolutionary programmed to believe in; Meaning.

I don't act like there is no meaning in life, as I am bound to my existence as a human and therefore cannot escape what is hardcoded in my brain. I try to live life to reach my goal, which is to build the most amazing structures I can think of. Everything else is secondary to that. At almost 25 I am already on that road and it seems like I'll have a career in the near future, so family-life will - if it does at all - come later in life.

I don't have a good way to relief stress, I relapse. I will need to find other ways of reducing stress, but my fear of not being fast enough to reach my goals is stressing me daily. Meditation is the only thing that I can think of, that I wasn't serious enough with, that I need to retry. Also accepting that sometimes I feel down and that that's normal, would be a great success. Whenever I stop working I feel bad for it, friends call me a workaholic, but I feel like I'm not doing enough. I might need to hack myself...

PowerfulSRE and u376 like this.
  10. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Well.....these days I am dealing with career related stress
    I am still unemployed
    I am motivated.....but I think a lot of time has been wasted
    Being nihilist is neither good nor bad....
    Because it does not burden you for the so called meaning

EthanW. likes this.
  11. nerd_lean

nerd_lean Fapstronaut

- Always do good
    - Always be kind
    - Karma's a bitch

u376 likes this.
  12. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I try to follow these

nerd_lean likes this.
  13. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Control. Power. Joy.

;)

u376 likes this.
  14. Attain spiritual fullness.

u376 likes this.
  15. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Basically what kind of a person you want to become.....
    What does success means to you

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  16. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

5-6 years back I was also like this
    But this path is very tough...... that's why I try to mix spirituality with worldliness.....
    My aim was to achieve moksha.....haha....
    But now I just want a peaceful and successful life

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. Yeah it is basically what i want too. But its a hard path, but worth taking it.

18. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Oh, i gotcha.

Idrc what kind of person I become tbh, so long as I have 2 things:
    1. Sanity
    2. Power

And for me assets = success.

u376 likes this.
  19. I have a lot of motos, my own ideas, not popular motos.
    I think the one that I apply and like the most is my "yes to life". It basically implies knowing that I am so fortunate to be part of this universe's history and I want to make the most out of my time here, so whenever I want to do something but I don't feel like it, I think that's a "no to life", so I say "yes to life" and there I go.
    This applies to lots of different situations. It goes even to the point where if I think "oh, i want to eat pesto today", and then I think "ah, but there's no cheese and I have to go to the grocery store, and I'm tired", well, that's a no to life, so I just do it regardless of my lazyness. Those are the easy ones, but they're actually most of your daily stuff.
    Whatever I consider to be a no to life, I don't allow it. Because, yes to life!

EthanW. and u376 like this.
  20. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I have a bunch.

u376 likes this.