1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need to make some male friends.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Kman20, Jan 12, 2019.

1. diesel2256

diesel2256 Fapstronaut

I made most of my friends because of a shared interested -- usually cars / guns / political activism. Unfortunately, as time went on I lost a lot of them do to just life happening. Time to get back out there and meet some more people.

Interesting thing about quitting PMO for a bit, I've become a lot more chatty with just random people... even the guy working at the auto parts store. Not someone I want to be friends with, but still haha.

Re:Born and Kman20 like this.
  2. I made all my friends because of our common interest in firearms.

Now they've all disappeared...

I just don't know where they went, Officer, honest!

3. ExitSamsara82

ExitSamsara82 Fapstronaut

I just moved to a new city for a job, so I’m working on making new friends, too. Meetup is really helpful—I found some groups that do stuff I like and went to them, and will be hanging out next Friday night with another guy I met at one. So I’d look into Meetup.

4. I am in the same situation. I moved here for music, and my first job was to find musicians.

These people are players, street hustlers, and they don't practice, record or do anything productive.

All they want to do is hang out.

Music is hard work at all points in the game.

So I abandoned that stuff, which was hanging out to meet musicians, make connections, etc.

I decided to be solo, indie.

I don't need the labels with their plastic banners of obscure artists, their control of my songwriting, nor do I need their promotion.

I'll take what the Lord gives me, and that is that.

The manna on the ground is good enough.

5. I'm here to be mates with, though I'am in the UK PM e and I'll give you my WhatsApp number

6. Its a messaging app, owned by Facebook

7. ok

8. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

Well, it's a lot easier in college or when you already have a group of friends.

Sports is always very helpful. It's easy to connect over it. Other than that what are your hobbies?

Kman20 likes this.
  9. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I'm in college but not too sure how to make real close friends there. Only acquaintances really. My habits are more seclusive like reading, drawing, nerd culture. I always hope to find someone to bond with at the library or barnes and nobles.

10. Landser

Landser Fapstronaut

Feeling the same... 1 year ago i moved to a new city and i still feel isolated. I don't know if it's the people here or it's just me.

Kman20 likes this.
  11. Feeling the same. Let's be more proactive on here. If you really want a friend on here like a really good buddy, just say so. And let's connect if we can find something in common. I know friends for real are better perhaps. But I'm not quite sure if people are asking for a friend from here or just strategies to get real life friends or both?

I want to be an older brother to someone. Does anyone wanna be a younger brother (18+ please). If so would want to connect and chat by email or something not tempting (social media is a risk for me) and I would always be wanting the best for you.

12. You might want to hit the quote button so that someone you are talking to will respond. Just a friendly tip.

13. If you find it hard to make friends in college, don't feel bad.

You can always make a friend if you need one.

All you have to do is BECOME someone's friend.

It doesn't work 100% of the time, but it sure raises the odds!

Kman20 likes this.
  14. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

What do you mean by become someone’s friend ?

15. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Finding it hard because I don’t really have a group of people to call my own. Or “my group” no real like minded people I think.

16. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

What have you done so far to tackle the issue ?

17. jetskisetter

jetskisetter Fapstronaut

Hey dude, I feel the same way! Making friends out of school can be really tough. I keep going through these mental cycles of “I need more guy friends...but I don’t know how to meet anybody...making friends is hard...I need more guy friends.” Very unhelpful cycle! But I’m realizing that there are in fact guys in my life I can start reaching out to more, such as guys I know through work. It’s just feels really vulnerable to try to start a friendship for some reason. Definitely it was easier in school when you could just kind of live off of the friendships that naturally formed with people you spent time with for other reasons!

Kman20 likes this.
  18. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I’m going to try meetup though cause it seems like a good option. Just wish I had a small group of guy friends to call whenever I feel like hanging.

jetskisetter likes this.
  19. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

I'm personally trying the whole "meetup" app thing and starting to go to a 12 steps group for sexual addicts. Hopeing I learn more from these things.