1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge: Flying starts for your days

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by The Great Safecracker, Jan 17, 2019.

1. This challenge is about making an active start for your day immediately after you've woken up. I have noticed that allowing oneself to stay in bed after alarm - or just wake-up - is about the worst possible way to start the day. It has negative effects on your whole day. Your mood, productivity, sleeping next night etc. all suffer from this procrastination.

So the rule in this challenge is that you are not allowed to stay in bed after you wake up in the morning, or to go back in bed after alarm. But this is only half of the idea. In addition, before you go to sleep, you need to decide which task you're going to take up once you've woken up. You decide the content, but it should be some kind of productive activity. The important thing is that you take it up straight away. And you don't have to take it up for a long time. Something of the order of fifteen minutes is a great way to get involved with the goings of your day.

I think 30 days is a good span for the challenge to see its effects in action. Let's start making flying starts for our days!

2. Tomorrow I won't answer the call of my lousy bed after I've set off my alarm. Instead, I will do some programming for fifteen minutes.

manu12345 likes this.
  3. Ok ok. Tomorrow I ll wake up without any laziness and continue working on my 3D character!

4. Very good!

I'm going to change my plans and start doing the laundry first thing in the morning.

5. 1/30 completed.

The next day will begin with some programming. Otherwise I might take it pretty easy for a change.

6. 2/30 completed. Today I didn't use alarm but I woke up in a decent time. I trusted in that this will be a good day once I get up straight away, and that's what happened indeed.

Tomorrow I will start my day with an early writing session.

7. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Fapstronaut

I have huge trouble with the snooze button. Challenge accepted. Tomorrow I'm going to jump out of bed and do 15 minutes of abs.

8. Great!

9. 3/30 completed. Tomorrow morning some more writing.

10. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Fapstronaut

1/30 completed. I was half asleep when I started but after 10 minutes I was wide awake. Glad I didn't hit the snooze button. Thanks for the challenge @kallalininen. Going for the same thing tomorrow.

icebreaker polarstern likes this.
  11. That's great to hear. It's too easy to give in for the temptation to stay in bed a little more, but refusing to do so pays off very nicely.

12. 4/30 completed. Back to programming tomorrow morning.

13. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Fapstronaut

2/30 complete. On to the next one.

14. 5/30

Same tricks tomorrow. Results can only be expected to be delivered by perseverance.

15. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Fapstronaut

3/30
    Loving this challenge, lets keep it going.

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  16. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Fapstronaut

My alarm clock going off. "Ain't no way I'm getting on the floor right now and doing situps." Reach to turn off alarm. "Ok im getting on the floor but I'm not-" Cold floor on my bare back. "1,2,3,4...."
    4/10

icebreaker polarstern and Majik like this.
  17. I'm glad to see that you're putting in that work. That's the way to go. One must be very skeptical about one's own thoughts.

Unfortunately I "relapsed" and so I'm back at 0/30. But of course I will continue.

18. I need to pay extra attention to getting back in this business next morning. I've found the little sessions of programming very useful, so why change it?

19. 1/30. I did it even though it was difficult.

Tomorrow one more time some programming. I want to get the ongoing thing done tomorrow, which shouldn't be too difficult to do. The following days I will perhaps try some other activities again.