1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Photography Thread

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 20, 2018.

Should this thread be moved back to the Self Improvement board?

1. Hell yes!

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Hell yes!

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. No.

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. And this too :p

2. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

he was a good model. got an extra treat :p

Attached Files:

• 33.jpg
      File size:
      391.2 KB
      Views:
    u376 and Spongegar like this.
  3. tet2vd

tet2vd Fapstronaut

I'm not expert, but I've been picking up photography a little as well lately as a hobby both with phone and DSLR! I'll definitely be back to see more of your shots man! Maybe an idea, but incorporate some part of the cliff face that the cactus is on? I've found that sometimes a regular DSLR just doesn't have high enough resolution without the right lens too, but it's just something I've learned. That rain looks sweet though!

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. tet2vd

tet2vd Fapstronaut

UPDATE: editing pictures is cool

I was looking at some photos I took at a concert a while ago, and I got real lucky with this shot here

[​IMG]

as the disgusting yuppie hipster that I am, I knew what had to be done

[​IMG]

nice, nice. now just a little cropping and

[​IMG]

8)[/QUOTE]

@zig We should trade tips man! I'd love to talk more with another rising photographer. I'll upload some of mine from both DSLR and phone!

Attached Files:

5. Very nice! I thought of bringing some of the terrain in to give the picture more depth, although the slope was too great to bring it into the shot and keep the subject the same. The photo is out of focus too so I sort of abandoned it

6. Incredible picture. I think a lot of us get too enamored with the ocean and get a little scared to incorporate any other interesting perspectives into the shot, but your framing gives the pier a vastness that I really like and it gives the shot a lot of openness. And great contrast on the sky. A+!

7. tet2vd

tet2vd Fapstronaut

Thank you! It's interesting you mention that, but recently I've noticed that seems to be what I aim for when taking a picture. The framing of the shot is very similar to our mindset if you want to make that comparison, and well when you mention incorporating other interesting perspectives into the shot, it kind of reminds me that there's more than one factor that contribute to our lives and mindset and that it makes sense to work on each part, little by little, so eventually we can create or show something a little more artistically balanced overall. Idk just some random contemplation i've had in my free time lately

8. 0111zerozero11

What DSLR & lens do you use, if you don't mind me asking :)

9. tet2vd

tet2vd Fapstronaut

So the one photo I did upload earlier in the thread was shot off of my Iphone with slight edit in saturation with the Adobe Lightshop app! Pretty good and it's free, although it has it's limitations. For my DSLR, I have a Sony A550 which is a bit of an older model ( I think maybe 5-6 years old? I got it as a gift from my uncle who was looking to upgrade his camera actually) with a 18-270 mm lens. Still learning to work with it some though! I'd like to eventually learn how to take night shots better and maybe capture some of the full moon perhaps

10. 0111zerozero11

Awesome! Good luck with the night shots!

tet2vd and Deleted Account like this.
  11. first roadtrip of the year! it was a good opportunity to try some new concepts, although I was mostly drunk throughout the trip, so I didn't break out the camera as much as I should have. oh well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Davidmm11

Davidmm11 Fapstronaut

13. Davidmm11

Davidmm11 Fapstronaut

wow! amazing shot!

14. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Amazingly artistic shots as usual!

tet2vd and Deleted Account like this.
  15. tet2vd

tet2vd Fapstronaut

Whoa where is this man?

16. tet2vd

tet2vd Fapstronaut

Thank you!

17. southern california!

18. tet2vd

tet2vd Fapstronaut

Ah okay the first two pictures looked like some things I had seen in the Mission District, SF haha so I thought it was San Francisco at first

19. 0111zerozero11

What does it mean to be human, and how might we transcend human nature?

Checked the news last night & saw there was a super blood moon literally 20 min away from happening. Grabbed the camera & zoom lense. It was nothing short of spectacular. Next one, 2021.

Screenshot_20190121-222356.png Screenshot_20190121-222517.png Screenshot_20190121-222436.png Screenshot_20190121-222558.png Screenshot_20190121-220805.png

20. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut