1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap Impacted Me More Than A Squeeze...

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Hi, I am (John), LoseMyselfToSaveMyself.

I had never heard of the NoFap program before January of 2018.

It was when I cried out to God that I was addicted to M, that mysteriously, NoFap started appearing in my feeds. What was this, some kind of new millienial terminology?

But since there was a community online, I was psyched! I didn't have to hide in the shadows, I didn't have live the way I was, which was like a scum of excrement under some debris in the ghetto.

I had been on the PMO for 28 years (this was just before my 44th birthday).

During 28 years, I feel that the most non fap time I collected was maybe 2 months, to be generous.

2 months = 60 days divided by ~ 30 years = 2 days per year I was non fap

I got obsessed with the new information (after figuring out what it was), and put together a 16 day streak. It was my longest ever by a wide margin, obviously.

There was not much of a change for the first 7 days. I had some cravings, but I was willing to fight them off, and see if I could complete this new "reboot" thing.

Days 8 - 12 were not so easy. That's when I got sick! It felt like a fever or the flu. I knew it wasn't. The reason was because the symptoms kept changing every few hours or so. My body temperature was bouncing, struggling to maintain homeostasis.

During that time, which was a freezing winter, I would feel hot, then I would freeze and back again. Sometimes my neck would burn and my face was cold. The weirdest part was when the right half of my chest was cold and the other was hot. I couldn't have made it up, even though I am a writer.

I suffered through, cell in one hand, ready to dial 9-1-1, but I didn't. It was totally worth it, this withdrawal. On Day 13, I woke up, and I cracked my head on the ceiling!

I was standing 10 feet tall. My voice was louder, my fear was gone, I could think clearly, and my reflexes were way, way faster. This was some kind of transformation! Who was I now, a superhero or something?

The first thing I did was write a book. I discovered that I could self-publish for free. (don't worry, I won't promote those things here on this site!) I pumped out a book in 5 days. On the sixth day, I did a power edit, and published it.

But since my energy had gotten so off the charts, I had a problem. I couldn't sleep, I was in a near-constant hyperactive state. Since I'd had a history of bipolar, I became manic, and had to go into the hospital on Day 16.

It is always embarassing to be in a manic state. I hate it, and avoid it like the plague.

The doctors at the asylum, as normal, took me off of all sleep meds. For about four days, I thrashed around in the bed, while the drunk next to me snored in exponential decibels.

My mental illness reached a new acuity. I started to go into a deep psychosis. I couldn't think anymore. My very thoughts were completely incoherent. How could I go on like this? The hospital had found a way, yet again to complicate my already-fragile mind.

My mind spun in bizarre circles. Trying to understand my thoughts was like making sense of a Jackson Pollack. I reached into an electric socket, hoping to electrocute myself in the hospital. Nothing happened.

Finally, I begged the substitute psychiatrist to give me my sleep drug back. I didn't go into all the details of the "why". Doctors never believe the patient. But, she agreed.

Up to that point I had relapsed in the hospital on fapping because it was the only thing I could think to do that would make me sleep. It was a mistake. With the drugs back in tow, I started sleeping again, and finally I got out.

Back at home I was in the chaser until Feb 6, 2018 and made a major comeback - I did a complete reboot, 97 days!

It was the best 97 days of my life. I did so many things, it was amazing; I wrote another book, built a site, got hired by an internet radio station, got fired by the radio station, started a pod cast, started playing music again, and much more.

In 2018, I logged a 170+ days total. I picked up a lot of singles, and medium streaks.

My last thought, (my list of achievements are at the bottom) is that this program works so well, I wish I'd heard of this when I was much younger. I knew PMO was not right, but yet, I couldn't get away. I thought all men did this thing, and accepted it.

This batch of outsiders, the attendees and creators of this site, are the people who know how important NoFap is, or pmo abstinence. It's awesome, and my prayer is that every guy who is in the madness becomes aware of what is here, and willing to make the change.

Anyway, here are the things I achieved in 2018:
    1. journalling on here as if it is going out of style!
    2. published 6 books (one was already written by me some years back, and just needed editing)
    3. performed at about 60 or more open stages
    4. recorded a 10 song album (rock)
    5. switched styles of music to Christian Contemporary
    6. recorded 3 singles (singles come out in early 2019)
    7. LOST 100 lbs.
    8. became a yogi
    9. became a Personal trainer (certified)
    10. Finally got through all 12 steps in a step workshop, which was emotionally brutal
    11. got out of my crap car, got a better car, with no lien
    12. became a distance runner, I usually run about 3 miles a day or more. I have ran 8 miles twice this year, non stop
    13. did 30 one hour episodes of a life improvement podcast
    14. started also running for speed, getting my single lap time below 30 seconds ( under a 6 minute mile)
    15. learned to meditate, read Mindfulness for Beginners
    16. read the Bible (definitely not the first time)
    17. had a "good dream" (not wet)
    18. corresponded with a "public official" (still have those letters)
    19. got kicked out of a gym for going too fast on an elliptical
    20. quit caffeine and sugar (helped with the weight loss)
    21. tested much higher on the IQ test (I'm less of an idiot)
    22. enjoyed indoor climbing, mostly lateralling

I love who I am today. Thank you Alexander & NoFap!

2. Clarke

Clarke Fapstronaut

Fantastic man. Do you have any advice for how to write a significant amount?

LuisGuev and ComiConnie like this.
  3. Dudes_manrod

Dudes_manrod Fapstronaut

congratulations man! Reading other people's good vibes after sticking it out always gives me more motivation so thanks

UpyetDown, shevro, ComiConnie and 2 others like this.

4. Clarke, I'm not certain I understand your question. Could you clarify please?

I will help, if I can.

5. Anytime Dudes_manrod!

Helping you, is helping me. And me helping you is helping you to help me.

Somebody call Abbott and Costello....

6. Clarke

Clarke Fapstronaut

I enjoy writing but always lose steam when it starts getting longer than an essay. You mention that you've written several books, so I thought you might have some tips.

7. He means how do you keep creativity flowing where you don’t hit a brick wall... I think. I get like that when I play guitar. I go and go and go and then I exhaust all my creativity and I need to stop.

Man all these things you’ve done this year I was almost wondering if this was some sort of joke post. But no, you’re just a beast!! Lmao dude really great read... I think I can go to sleep in peace now.

8. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

hahaha for real?? why would they kick some one out for going too fast?? makes no sense

anyways congrats on doing all those stuff, man! Godspeed!

9. yosoy111

yosoy111 Fapstronaut

Congratulations on your huge achievement with nofap and with the rest of your life as well. What kind of books do you write?

10. Walk_it_out

Walk_it_out Fapstronaut

Thank God! Good post bro keep it up it's very encouraging

11. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

I don't get this well, i don't men to offend, but you say you have been taken to a mental hospital after doing nofap?
    How is that a success story? Maybe we need more background to understand.
    Some of the things you say looks weird, how do we i know you are not actually crazy?

12. Chappo, it's a fact. I was at this gym and I used to exercise on the elliptical. Sometimes, however, they can get loud, uneven, and clunky at high speeds.

When I used to work out on an elliptical everyday, I would go at a medium speed for about 4:30, then for 30 seconds, go flat out. The whole exercise was about 30-40 minutes. As time went on, I got to where this fast portion was a minute each time.

With every step, even though I was at a high speed, it would make a loud banging sound. The manager got furious. We had a shouting match in the middle of the gym.

I had her give me a form with my membership cancellation. On it, I wrote "going too fast on the elliptical". She signed it.

I had it on social media for a while. Then I decided to take it down because I didn't want to hurt their business or in some way cause someone to get discouraged from weight loss.

Asgardian36 likes this.

13. My suggestion is to write one quality page each day. In 6 mos to a year, you should have enough for a book.

Then edit it. Done.

14. Thanks Cmv, I appreciate it!

How do i keep creativity flowing? My suggestion is to find music OUTSIDE of your comfort zone. It could be new or old, but find something that has value, yet seems challenging to you on an emotional or tonal level. Then come back to the creative process. Repeat as necessary.

The Police is a band that is a major comfort zone for me. But I try to listen to a lot of music that is current. It keeps what I write within relevancy to an audience, and keeps my writing fresh.

15. yosoy, I'm a non-fiction writer. I can't say anymore about it on here. The admin don't want any kind of promotion going on. I don't want to make them angry.

16. Mattew, good questions!

I was hospitalized for mania because it was the first time I'd experienced the energy surge from NoFap.

I already was bipolar, and had been though this before. That's why I went back in to the hospital.

17. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

Sorry for asking, i just hope you get well about that.

18. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

oh man...that whole thing sounds like a shit show...

anyways moving on to 2019!!!

19. Amazing achievement man.....Thx for sharing your success......Wish u a happy new year with your new life style buddy :)

Walk_it_out likes this.

20. I get extremely amped up when I'm on an elliptical or running, lifting weights or martial arts. It was a bad time they chose to take issue with me. We can leave it at that.

Asgardian36 likes this.