1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of trust.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Infrasapiens, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Since my romantic relationship ended, I have not been able to truly trust someone to tell them my problems. It is not like I do not have friends, I just don't feel confortable telling them some things. I know a man should be able to deal with his own problems without bothering anyone else but it is overwhelming and I fear it could develop into something bad.

2. bloomz

bloomz Fapstronaut

I don’t tell anyone anything either. I literally pretend everything is fine. If you can find someone to open up to, then you really should. It’s good you are acknowledging a future problem. Keep working on it

Grandpa61 likes this.
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I had someone but even then I kept things to myself in fear of pushing her away. It building up was the thing that made her go away.

4. bloomz

bloomz Fapstronaut

What are you afraid of? If you didn’t open up & she left. Wouldn’t you want to try the opposite approach now?

5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I am afraid to bother others with my problems. I used to have a friend who did that and he got to the point it was unbearable.

6. bloomz

bloomz Fapstronaut

True some people are Debbie Downers but look for the friend you think would actually listen & care, or if you want look for an accountability partner on here. Anything to make you feel better, right?

7. Grandpa61

Grandpa61 Fapstronaut

@bloomz or @Infrasapiens if you need to talk I'm a good listener. Send me a private message if you would prefer.

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

It is ironic that people tell me I am a good listener but I am terrible talking to others. I will consider your offer friend, I am glad I can count with the members of the community.

Grandpa61 and bloomz like this.
  9. Grandpa61

Grandpa61 Fapstronaut

@Infrasapiens why do you think that you are terrible talking to others? Have you been hurt or betrayed by someone in your past?

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Well yes, I trusted my former friend and then find out that he was, and still is, a really selfish person.

11. Grandpa61

Grandpa61 Fapstronaut

That really hurts! It sounds like you lost both a friend and the ability to trust others. I completely get that. It happens more than you might think. Is this something that happened recently or some time ago?

12. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

It happend less than a year ago, our significant others left us around the same time so I thought I could trust him. While he went to meet new people just to complain to them and do nothing, I decided to not talk to anyone and try to deal with my problems on my own.

13. Grandpa61

Grandpa61 Fapstronaut

Your profile shows you are 19? Are you in school? Do you have a job? What do you like to do in your leisure time?

14. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I made up an age, I an older that that. I go to college and I do not have a job. I do not have many things to do in my spare time other than browsing, but for more than a month I have been working out.