1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here ask out any girls lately?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Anybody take a shot?

Amazing Athest likes this.
  2. Welp, I tried talking to a girl that I went to school with years ago. She was always really quiet and I always had a crush on her. Her step-dad sells me weed (small world hahaha) and she was there one day and he told me I should talk to her, so I did. I hit her up on facebook and turns out we have absolutely nothing in common and I kinda have no interest in pursuing her now. I mean, she's ok, but once I started talking to her I realized just how little we had in common and it just went downhill from there. I'm starting to feel better and better with each passing day and my desire to go out and talk to some girls is growing, but I have to get over this initial depression phase. Damn is it rough though. I wouldn't wish this shit on my worst enemy. I plan on going out and talking to some girls here soon, but I have to get my shit together first. How about you man? Been talking to any girls?

telepath909 and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  3. Amazing Athest

Amazing Athest Fapstronaut

yes I did she said no
    I was down for a week but I did not relapse instead I saw the bright side of it
    and that was the fact I asked her out and I did not use half of my brain capacity telling my self how shes going to say no
    I just did it so now i feel a lot better

4. Amazing Athest

Amazing Athest Fapstronaut

good luck

5. Wow thats a very good topic to be living here for a long time :) Everytime somebody asks girl out can post it here how it was.
    I havent asked any girl out cause I just broke with my gf after 7 months

6. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

i took a shot and completely messed everything up with my co worker. Now i'm stuck in my own head at night. At work it's a day by day thing, but as soon as she gone I keep thinking how everything is just f*cked. Unbelievably irritated especially knowing that it could have and should have worked out. I thought it was destined to, but don't believe in things like fate; we all unfortunately have the power to control our destiny lol.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  7. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

Hard core contemplating :emoji_joy:

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. SpoonDog

SpoonDog Fapstronaut

I got chatting to a work colleague at my Christmas Party last week and ending up asking her out. Hopefully we’ll get out on a date in the next few weeks. First time I’ve ever asked anyone out face to face rather than online.

9. Peace467

Peace467 Fapstronaut

I have liked her for 3 months, and the feelings have grown slowly over this time.

I just went for it an asked her for a coffee, but she said she was to busy before chirstmas. The problem is that she might not have realised that I was making a move on her.... its possible she thought I was just being friendly (I see her a few times each week in group settings). Especially beucase she then talkes about inviting others along ><!

Since this, I have tried to text her more and be more involved in her life. Im just so scared from past failures (Ive never actually been on a date or had a GF in 10 years (since I was a kid), That I dont really know what to do anymore. I distanced myself from my phone, but I feel the only way to connect will be bia my phone. I cant read signs, dont know how to flirt, am poorly in touch with my feelings and overall I am never sure I am doing the right thing..

AAAAARRRRGHHHHH

Trident_Fury likes this.
  10. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Met a cute enough gal at a bar; got her number but haven't called her back. She's cute enough.

What I didn't like:
    She smokes.
    She hates Trump.

Think these are dealbreakers for me.

11. How could someone hate such a good fella? Lol

preposterone and 0111zerozero11 like this.
  12. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

media brainwashing is powerful. Most of these people would bang their mother or sister if the media told them it was a good idea to do so. Nobody hated Trump before he ran for President. The fact that she hates Trump tells me that she doesn't think for her self. Really bad trait in my opinion.

13. 0111zerozero11

Dude.
    Did she say who she did like? Some libs (the Bernie peeps) are pretty cool & will have an adult convo. If she likes Clinton, welp, yeah...I don't see you getting very far with bar girl.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

No, she didn't say. She just found out I was a Trump supporter after I dodged the question of hers whether I liked Trump or not. lol. She's from Brazil. I don't like Bernie bro's either. commie fucks, smh. lol

15. 0111zerozero11

Wut; I was for sure you wore your maga hat everywhere...
    Should red pill her. Bring her to our side :D
    We've got re-election coming up my man; it's time to start flippin' them

16. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

What woman would like a guy who cheats on their wife multiple times?

preposterone likes this.
  17. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

That was never an issue until he ran for President, then all of a sudden all these super Moral people feel the need to lecture about family values. Give me a fucking break, don't care.

18. Lol
    I bet she hates Bolsonaro too. XD

19. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

I apologize for hijacking part of this thread, but I couldn't help myself after reading this post.

Ask her again after Christmas then. If she didn't realize it was for a date, then make her realize during the date. When she talks about inviting others along, tell her that you just want it to be you and her.

You're scared of past failures and inexperience. Well it's only going to become a bigger deal the more you wait. More time to prepare or procrastinate hasn't done you any good. Failures, mistakes, rejection, negative experiences, problems, and just generally not knowing what you're doing are constant experiences throughout life. The only people that doesn't experience those things on a regular basis are people who don't try anything new, take risks, or grow as a person. So you can either start gaining experience and competence now despite not being ready and being afraid or you can continue to complain for the next 10 years.

What signs do you need to read exactly? If the signs aren't clear enough for you, then you're not making enough bold and clear actions which lead to clear reactions. You're unclear with your words and your actions which led you to unclear signs and you're unclear as to her level of interest in you.

You're unsure that you're doing the right thing. What you're really concerned with is doing the perfect thing that leads to perfect outcomes (which doesn't exist) so you end up hesitating. You procrastinate because you're waiting for guarantees that doesn't exist. There's no such thing as the perfect thing to say or do. You're overly concerned about doing the right thing. Excessively careful. Fearful of the outcome that you can't control. You're afraid that doing what you naturally want to do will lead to failure / rejection, but that's exactly how you gain experience and get better at anything beyond your comfort zone. The right thing to say is what you want to say. The right thing to do is what you want to do. But it's absolutely no guarantee that it will lead to the outcome that you want. So you don't say or do anything at all out of fear. That's why you haven't dated in 10 years. You play not to lose rather than playing to win. You walk on eggshells. You play it so safe that you never really win, but you also never really lose. When you play to win, sometimes you strike out, and sometimes you hit a home run. The more risks you take, the more you fail, but also the more you succeed. The less risks you take, the less you'll fail, but also the less you'll succeed.

Flirting. All flirting really is... is showing interest. With your emotions, thoughts, behavior, body language, actions, words, touch, etc. You can't do that because you're afraid to show interest in a bold and clear manner. So you get unclear reactions, you're unclear of their interest level in you, and nothing really happens (you don't really win or lose... you just stay safe and comfortable). You'll never learn to flirt or express yourself honestly in general if you don't take risks. It's something that you practice and have to condition yourself to do until it becomes natural. You won't ever get there if you don't fail, get rejected, and make mistakes on a regular basis.