Photoshop weekly Challenges

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by tweeby, Sep 1, 2018.

1. tweeby

tweeby Banned

As discussed tagging @Fiona and @Retro Girl

I know you peeps are busy but let's try and achieve something each week. There will a set / allocated theme, in which you are able to create whatever you want. If possible link your resources and assets. Current contests were:

#1 Double exposure effect
    #2 Glitch Effect
    #3 Forest/Fantasy Theme
    #4 Retro theme
    #5 Alice and wonderland
    #6 Fapinator

Retro Girl's Entries
    Double Exposure
    blOzIEl.png
    Glitch Effect
    8JM6SrC.png
    Forest / Fantasy Theme
    Pn1Rv9X.png

NB: If possible please upload files as JPGs to save bandwidth or link using imgur. Try and avoid triggers, so use fully clothed models etc. Anyone is free to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Contentful T, Bman101 and Fiona like this.
  2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Tweebz entries

Double Exposure
    FT6Hrsz.jpg
    Glitch Effect
    Forest / Fantasy Theme
    forest2.jpg
    Retro Theme
    5R3mxyw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2018
  3. tweeby

tweeby Banned

4. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Fapinator

Ok last one for today.

fapinator2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  5. Fiona

Fiona Fapstronaut

Wow that's some eye catching art you guys have made already! @Retro Girl @tweeby
    My compliments! Also is it your devianart?

I do sketches or paint in paintool SAI. But I look forward to create graphic images in photoshop aswell. Eventho I will start working this week i'll try to post something every week.

Best of luck!

6. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Thank you @Fiona we look forward to having you here! Obviously, this is all composite work so we might have a slight advantage - if you are new to compositing - it really is all about using adjustment layers and layer masks. I use Affinity Photo actually which is tonnes cheaper than adobe and creative cloud yet it has all the pro tools you could want. I recommend getting used to something like this if you want to get into this professionally for paid work.

Paint SAI looks super fast, I've always wanted to do digital painting, so to make the challenge fair we are going to take turns to decide the subject and the tool chain.

If you want you can partake in the previous challenges. I'd like you to suggest the next weekends challenge. I hope it is a digital painting one :)

*P.S now I don't have a deviantart not sure about @Retro Girl , but it is super fun to learn new stuff and do something creative!! Oh and I hope your birthday bash if it hasn't already taken place was amazing!! Welcome aboard.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. nef

nef Fapstronaut

incredible concept

Fiona likes this.
  8. tweeby

tweeby Banned

@Retro Girl how are you at digital painting, I feel Fiona is gonna school us :p so I'm getting in some practice.

Very nice by the way!!

9. I'm not good at all.. so I doubt I'll be posting anything like that.. unless I suddenly make an unexpected breakthrough!

10. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Dudette, that's not on, I've never done digital painting before but I'm gonna try for Fiona. ;)

Look here's some great channels.

11. tweeby

tweeby Banned

12. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Just looking for my wacom pen tablet now!

13. Haha why cheat? You are very competitive I feel tweeby.. ;-)

tweeby likes this.
  14. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I gotta win everything otherwise I curl myself into a ball and rock myself back and forth in the corner! I have a week to master digital painting, what do you think? ;)

15. nef

nef Fapstronaut

instead of digital can you go artworks on paper ?

16. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Yes of course all are welcome!

17. Fiona

Fiona Fapstronaut

Hi guys

Really like this concept.
    @Retro Girl nice work, you're good hun! ♥
    @tweeby it's hard, digital painting. I don't really know how to teach but toturials will be a good help for you :) If you are used to drawing on a paper, drawing on a tablet is kind of the same. It just takes practise ofcourse!

I'll also do a retro theme for this week. Something graphic not a drawing. It's a long time ago i've used photoshop so, let try again.

18. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Thank you, I just realised how freaking difficult it is yesterday, so hats off to you. Quick question, they say you need to get the tonal values correct first (i.e grayscale values) but would you recommend doing a grayscale picture first then painting over with colour using a soft light blending mode, or should I just start using colour.

If I can get this right I should be OK.

Regards,
    Tweeby