1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's your role model?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Moon Shot, Jul 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

Question's above, and please keep in mind that your role model need not be some celebrity. A family member, a friend, anyone that you look up to. Heck, maybe even another NoFap user, why not? :)

But along with your response, I'd like to hear what is it about that person that you admire. What character traits of theirs would you like to have? What makes you want to follow in their footsteps?

Of course, you may not have any role model, and that's great, or you're your own role model, that's great, too.

All the best in your personal journeys!

- Moon

2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

3. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I don't have any role model in specific
    It's kind of mix of many people I know....
    I get inspired by their good qualities....
    It's a combination of celebrities and people around my surroundings

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Like?

5. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Like confidence......their ability to handle stage
    Their sense of sympathy towards other
    The one who respect elders and women
    Hard working...... addicted to their job/business
    Physical attributes like slick hair, deep voice , and lean body.....also motivates me to work on myself
    And one who follow chastity..... inspires me a lot..... specially since I have started this nofap journey

6. Im gonna be tacky here and say my Dad. He's a really cool guy. Everyone looks up to him (even his older siblings), he's really fun to be around, he almost always has a good attitude, and he never hesitates in helping others. He's a way better man that me and im not just selling myself short, its big shoes to fill lol. I consider myself lucky to have him.

7. The obvious for me would be Jesus.

The not as obvious would be my mother. She's funny and kind and chill and easy going and not judgemental and loving and compassionate and hospitable and fun and dorky and confident and strong and courageous and smart and gentle/firm when she needs to be and honest and genuine and so so so giving of herself. And a million other things. Shes the greatest mom in the world, and I have no idea how I got so lucky to be her daughter.

8. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Jesus Christ would be #1. As for #2, I would say Charles Spurgeon. He was a pastor and author who lived in the 1800s. I have a few of his books and I have loved them so far. It's no wonder why he's often called "the prince of preachers"

9. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

All the folks from the past and present who stopped by here and changed their lives for the better. I hope they're doing well.

10. AF13298

AF13298 Fapstronaut

Beat me to it. Those who have the drive to improve themselves should be an ideal role model for us nofappers, it is after all what we're trying to do ourselves.

11. I'd have to say my stepfather, however he came into the family when I was much younger so I will always consider him my real father. He's always upbeat and positive. He's got a natural way of talking to people and getting to know them and for the most part he has my back for whatever is going on. Every time I see him I really appreciate the strong hug that he gives me, something I'll no doubt intensely miss when he is gone.

12. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Thank you for your precious inputs, guys. It has been an enjoyable read!

13. Napoleon Hill, Henry Ford, JFK, George Washington, Buddha, Jesus, Solomon, Mennah2000, TheOdd1sOut, Jaiden_Animations, My cousins, Robert Greene, Elon Musk. Those are the people I look up to.

Moon Shot likes this.
  14. Oh some nf rolemodels are SolidStance, AgentGhost, Jacob Bruun, PridefulBlossom, RDBTau, RakuTheDestroyer, Fabflop, Nofapbatman, My ol purr king ShamedArcher

Moon Shot likes this.
  15. Don't think a workaholic should be admired. My ex was one and it was one the reasons why she became my ex. Nothing wrong with working hard but when you hide behind work so you don't have to deal with your pain it becomes a problem. At the end of day people who are addicted to work are hiding from something.

Moon Shot likes this.
  16. TheManDude

TheManDude Fapstronaut

I read this and the first person that pop up in my mind wss Jordan Peterson, an incredible and absolutly brilliant guy what I would give to be given the chance of having a conversation with him.

If someone does not know who he is just search a couple videos in You Tube, you might be pleasently surprised!

SilentJay313 and Moon Shot like this.
  17. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

It's utilising our pain to work
    And the fruits from that work will give us happiness
    Then what's wrong in that
    But yes being work addicted does not not mean to ignore our near dear ones

Moon Shot likes this.
  18. When I attended secondary school, we had a lesson about differences between idols and role models/authorities. I was asked who my idol/role model/authority was and I did not any idol. I hated the idea of becoming a clone of someone else. I wanted to say Jesus, but I said my Dad was someone with characteristics I wanted to also have one day. I didn't lie and I still believe that to some extent. He could've become a famous person, but he decided to be a family man. That's incredible.
    I wouldn't lie if I said Jesus, too. He's actually my role model now. I don't want to be God of course, you know what I mean :)

Moon Shot likes this.
  19. That's not how it works. Someone who's addicted to work works so they can forget their pain. They avoid painful situations by working. And really they're never happy because they have this pain they've never dealt with. Maybe you didn't being addicted to work but just working hard.

My ex was like that... She would constantly cancel dates with me because she was working. Her family hardly ever saw her because she was working all the time.

Moon Shot and u376 like this.
  20. myself you have to beleve in yourself.

Moon Shot likes this.