1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who played the best Spiderman

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bhara, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Bhara

Bhara Fapstronaut

Just watched the very first Spiderman movie the other day and thought that Tobey Maguire's role as Spiderman was way better than Andrew Garfield or tom Holland. I just wanted to know if it's just me who thinks so.

2. Sorry, i thought he was the worst. Overall i like andrew garfield, i thought he played both spiderman and peter parker very well (vs tom holland who think played a good spiderman but a questionable peter parker)

Bhara and Deleted Account like this.
  3. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

For me toby is best

AngelofDarkness, Taylor25 and Bhara like this.
  4. maronite_metal_praise

maronite_metal_praise Fapstronaut

Tobey Maguire definitely played the best spider-man and no other actor afterwards has ever come close!

5. I honestly liked Tobey the most, and while the films were a bit cheesy I absolutely love them, a guilty pleasure. I enjoy kicking back and seeing them once in a while. ;)

6. father

father Fapstronaut

I love the Tobey Maguire Spider-man movies a lot, but I don't mind tom holland but kind of hate Andrew Garfield.

7. To be honest, Andrew Garfield couldn't act. Toby Maguire knew how to act and he had good movies he's been in. The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 were so freaking pointless and soulless.

8. Yeah I couldn't dig Garfield, it felt like a hipster Peter Parker. The only small redeeming thing about him was that he tried to be a smart ass or joke around. Garfield's first suit was downright abysmal though. Of course it's only my opinion.

9. I do like Tobey the best, last person I said that to said I was crazy lol. Everyone raves about the second being the best superhero movie of all time but I still have number 1 as my favorite. The Green Goblin having the option to unmask Spidey but doesn't and his speech about people eventually hating the hero really resonated with me. Plus it never fails to make me laugh when The Green Meanie says " I SURRENDER!" lol

AngelofDarkness and Bhara like this.
  10. Bhara

Bhara Fapstronaut

Your right.I guess a lot of people like Tobey because of the nostalgia and I'm no exception ;)

u376 likes this.
  11. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Nostalgia is also a big factor
    When I was in 3rd standard our school takes our classes to see the Spiderman 1
    And that was really a great experience for an 8 year old
    And next time again when I was in 6th our school cheated us they told us that they will show Harry Potter ......but when we went there it was again Spiderman 1
    .....so I have seen Spiderman 1 twice in cinema hall
    ......and the next year I went out with my cousins to watch 3rd part
    That experience was fabulous ......
    And I also the storyline of Toby's spider was good...
    I have not seen homecoming but I have seen that kid in civil war........and he was also good ....... better than Garfield ......
    So Toby>kid>Garfield
    Andrew storyline was worst
    No Mary Jane
    No good antagonist ..
    But yes he is most good looking Peter parker

Taylor25, AngelofDarkness and Bhara like this.
  12. Bhara

Bhara Fapstronaut

Totally agreed.

AngelofDarkness and u376 like this.
  13. I grew up watching the 90s animated series of spiderman and thats how i really think of spiderman, so even as a kid the tobey maguire spiderman movies bummed me out. Andrew garfields portrayal is closer to the series in that hes less of a geek.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  14. I think this is more about personal preference rather than good or bad. I also have to say I prefer the awkward, nerdy Tobey Maguire Spider-Man over the "kewl", skateboarding Andrew Garfield Spider-Man, I feel it makes for a better contrast between Peter Parker and Spider-Man (also nostalgia). That's not to say that Andrew Garfield's version was bad. Don't remember much about Tom Holland, but I guess he was alright too.

Reminder that Peter probably made Uncle Ben kill himself.

maronite_metal_praise, u376 and Bhara like this.
  15. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

[/QUOTE]
    lol

16. Didn't you know that Andrew Garfield got fired a few days before the sequels and a spin-off all got canceled and has been canned? That dude is an egotistical freak.

u376 and Bhara like this.
  17. I didn't know this, it's a shame when actors are actually like that. I did enjoy his role in The Social Network, or maybe that was just him being himself lol

18. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

He skipped a meeting which angered the producers of the film
    And he was showing attitude...... That's why he was replaced

Taylor25 likes this.
  19. Well good then I suppose

u376 likes this.
  20. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I'm biased towards Tobey. I saw his spider Man movies in the theaters growing up.