1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to leave USA and go to the Amazon

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Selfcontrol1, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

I'm serious . I'm tired of so many things here. Life to fast. Too many Temptations and economical stress. I don't like the city so... Why stay here.? Going to a country area here is same . To spensive the life in this country. I want to go to a country that is around the amazon River.

2. Go for it, but I would imagine you would regret it. The grass is always greener...

3. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Well . Let's see . I'm originally from Cuba. So I'm already use to jungle living .

4. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Plus . Being a usa Citizen I can always come back if I wanted to. Even comeback and work for couples weeks and get back over there. Some like that. I just really don't like the city at all .

5. Well not all of USA is city living by any means. I'm sure you could live off the grid somewhere nearby if you wanted

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  6. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Possible but. Man.. . Even a low class person needs hundreds and thousands of dollars monthly to live here . And areas are restricted and privet properties off limits. Any ways. I honestly don't have anything here that make me want to stay. I need a change. Maybe met new culture. More simple and natural. Be closest to nature

7. I mean it's your life, you can do what you want. But anywhere you go, you're going to need to work for survival and comfort. So... yeah, you might need more money to live in the US, but you get a higher level of comfort and a higher standard of living here. So you get what you work (and pay) for.

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  8. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Higher level of comfort???? Totally relative my fruiend. Same with progress! Totally relative.

9. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Get a bachelor's degree if you don't have one and join the Peace Corps.

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  10. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the INTERESTING suggestion :)

11. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Yeah, check it out, figure out what you might be inclined to do. Current openings are in a wide variety of remote places, such as Vanuatu and Nepal. They don't call it "the toughest job you'll ever love" for nothing. Could be a real game-changer for the right person

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  12. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I'm not sure I'd pick the Amazon.

There are still some tribes down there who perform infanticide, and some of those good old fashioned jungle practices. (Cannibalism, head hunting, etc.)

I think if you stick around the river you'll be OK. Just don't go too far inland.

You'll probably be taking at least 10 years off your life as well. Probably more like 15 or 20.

Or you could just stay put and count yourself lucky that you live in the best country in the world.

Deleted Account and Selfcontrol1 like this.
  13. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

That's so awesome!! Thank you man. Must definitely resesrch more about that. Hopefully before this year ends I'll be somewhere else.

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  14. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Or you could just stay

Ithis country is Allright in some things . And I have not doubts that many will agree with what you said. Also I'm sure that are many that will agree with me on.... It's relative what makes a place awesome. Depends of what you looking for , of what you feel it's more important or healthy. I can tell you one thing for sure. There are many things this country have that others don't. But also many things others countries have that this one don't. For me. I know I'll be much better away of this more money and power is better social environment. Is the system for this land to stay a world power. But it's not my thing man. But thank you for you're suggestions !

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  15. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Lol, you live in the USA, not in an entirely-urban (pseudo-)country like Hong Kong or Singapore. Heaps of rural land in the USA. To leave the USA simply to find a rural landscape is a dumb idea imo, considering the USA’s one of the less densely-populated nations.

16. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

You just need to be a citizen and have a bachelor's degree in anything. Some jobs are more specific. Before you leave, you'll get a crash course in the local language, and you are paid about the average of the people you live with (i.e., not much). Some student loan debt can get forgiven as well, if that applies. It will be a life-altering experience, I can pretty much guarantee it.

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  17. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Not just a rural landscape is what I'm looking for .

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  18. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

EFL teaching’s a good bet too whenever those are found. I have a mate who taught in China for a year, and another who did it in Ukraine. There’s lots of opportunities in Brazil last I heard, but I’m not sure. Either way, it’s heaps of learning experiences.

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  19. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

I have a small business here that don't make alot living here . But In other places will be more than enough to adquiere the basic needs. And basic needs is all I need lol

MLMVSS and Dr. Jekyll like this.
  20. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I think you just need to travel more. I do it as a hobby, and every time I feel like I hate this country with all my soul and I just want to move out, is around the time I go somewhere else, and through that trip I actually start to miss home.