1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 14, 2018.

Tags:

Do you care?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  1. Personally, I think the whole thing is stupid and I won't be watching it.

2. America's fascination with the royals is so stupid to me, I'll never understand it. I couldn't care less about the private lives of people with a lifetime of luxury and fame simply because they were born to it.

3. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I don't get the appeal. Someone at work was surprised that I didn't know Harry was getting married. She told me all about it, and the whole time I was thinking who cares? Here in Canada a lot of people care about it.

These people have stood by silently while scores of children and young women in "their" country have been at the mercy of rape gangs. It seems like every other month there is another report of another 1000 raped over 15 years in another town. You'd think one of them would take up the cause.

4. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I'm just flipping through the channels here after work, and I see that there is some lifetime POS movie on called Harry and Meghan: A Royal Romance. I watched five minutes of it and can't believe I didn't puke.

Do the Royals get a cut of the revenue? Is this a based on a true story film or is it just a bunch of made up shit?

Still a little miffed that some blokes wedding to a third rate actress gets more coverage then systematic child rape. Are any of the officials who turned a blind eye for years going to get fired?

MLMVSS likes this.
  5. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Now I'm wondering who is the better actress, Meghan or the one playing her in this movie. I've never seen anything Meghan has ever done, and I've never seen this actress before.

Which is tops in terms of prestige? A series on USA Network or a TV movie on Lifetime?

MLMVSS likes this.
  6. @LEPAGE It sounds like you're having some sort of royal wedding meltdown. Lol!

To be fair they never speak out on news stories except in the Queens Speech. I don't know if the Queen mentioned this incident since I don't watch. It doesn't really matter what they think since they don't have much power - we're not in the 1500's anymore! From what I can tell the gang rapes has had the same coverage as the wedding in the media.

7. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

As someone who supports Republicanism, I don’t care either.

Deleted Account, A41:14A and LEPAGE like this.
  8. For this Englishman, there is nothing more nauseating than the Royal Family. :(

9. I am in the UK, what the hell is the gang rapes thing? Have I missed this?

As regards the royal wedding I don't care much either way but I am annoyed that us taxpayer are paying millions of pounds for it. On a more trivial note Harry is the 'bad boy' of the royal family and so gains a lot of poularity here for that. Meghan is hot and has a pleasant smile. My friend met and chatted with her last month and said she seemed very nice, all acted of course I know but she seems likable. I feel for her slightly with the obsessive intrusive insane media raping she will receive for the rest of her life.

10. I think he was referring to this.

11. Premarital counselling lol!

Deleted Account and LEPAGE like this.
  12. I'm in the UK and avoid everything about it like the plague. It just makes me cringe. They are so massively overprivileged, I'd love it if the UK became a Republic. Frustratingly here a lot of people still love the royal family. It's like they still believe that these people are somehow superior to everyone else and love worshipping them and want to return to Victorian times. The only positive I can see is that William and Harry have done work for mental health charities and Charles runs the Prince's trust which helps young people, as well as his work protecting natural habitats like meadows etc. But they could still do all this without being 'royal.'

LEPAGE likes this.
  13. God! So much of my news feed on Facebook is full of people going on about how great the bloody wedding was! :eek:

14. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I actually found it to be better than William’s. That preacher was entertaining to watch.

15. You actually watched both weddings? :emoji_astonished:

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

Is Harry Potter getting married?

LEPAGE likes this.
  17. Apparently, he married Ginny although he should have married Hermione.

WalkingForward likes this.
  18. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I admit, bits and pieces of both. It was just on so I did. I was more obsessed with the Royals in 2011, but that was back when I was a monarchist.

19. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Yep i allways thinx of this :

20. Fleshandblood

Fleshandblood Fapstronaut

Ok here is some thoughts contrary to the flow. When I heard the description of love. I wept, not because of the marriage but because I know what it is to be loved and I know what causes me to be on the site is not love. Whatever I think of the politics or theatre. Being reminded of the power and purity does me know harm.

Deleted Account likes this.