1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The 30 challenges that will boost your personal development in 30 days

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Mar 22, 2018.

you think?

1. easy

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. normal

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. difficult

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 11. Every day get rid of something that you no longer use:

We are full of things that we do not use, of things that we do not know that are there bothering us.

During the next 30 days you will get rid of something that you no longer use; from a garment to those magazines that have accumulated dust in your room

It will be somewhat difficult at the beginning since you will say that later you use it, however, you know that it will not be so, so get rid of that.

You can water it, donate it or if it's in terrible conditions, throw it away. Live minimalism as a way of life.

Deleted Account and IronDog like this.
  2. IronDog

IronDog Fapstronaut

Thats awesome! I think we get way too attached to things.

3. This is a really nice thread! Inspiring challenges!

4. 12. Create something totally new in the next 30 days:
    When was the last time you sat down to think about a new project for your life? And yes you did, what was the result?

During the next 30 days, put your creativity to work and create something totally new.

You have many alternatives: you can create that wardrobe that you have been planning for so long, create a new way to save money, execute that trip to the beach that you have been putting off.

The important thing is that you enjoy doing it, that it's something you've never done before and that you get it in 30 days or less.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. 13. You will not say a single godly lie during the next month:
    When you lie you have to remember what was the last thing you said so as not to make a mistake.

You start with the smallest and most defenseless lies and you end up turning it into a habit that you practice on a daily basis.

Take the challenge of not saying a single lie, however pious it may seem, for 30 days.

Here are 14 ways to manipulate your mind to avoid the lies in your life

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. 14. Set your alarm to sound 30 minutes before:
    Use these 30 minutes to prepare yourself calmly for the day that is just beginning. If you find it difficult, here is the key to getting up early without feeling tired.

You can use them to do some exercise, make a good breakfast with coffee, to finish preparing some presentation you have, or just to do things more calmly.

u376 likes this.
  7. 15. Give up your 3 worst habits:
    What habits that you recognize that are preventing you from achieving success could you leave for 30 days? It is important that you understand The Power of Habits.

Do you love eating junk food in the week? Do you often lie because you fear being frank? Do you spend your money on things that impoverish you?

Choose your 3 worst habits and suspend them for 30 days in a row. So it seems very difficult.

You can include pmo in that list as (networks, tv, chats) everything that is a trigger to prevent your progress

8. 16. Limit the time you spend with the TV to 30 minutes:
    While the experiences that your TV likes, in the Netflix series or in the programs that can be interesting every night, they are the best in their own quality.

Do not limit your life to the imagination of a television channel or to the plot of a series; Go out and meet new people, build your own experiences, plots and challenges.

Challenge of personal development: For 30 days, limit yourself to a maximum of 30 per year.

u376 likes this.
  9. 17. Define a long-term goal, and work on it one hour each day:

The biggest and most work-intensive goals in your life begin with a single step. One small one

Do not think about the goals of your life as a marathon, but as 100-meter races that you must meet each day.

During the next 30 days define a long-term goal, and during each day dedicate an exclusive and full of intensity that brings you closer to him.

10. 18. Read a chapter of a book each day:
    Recently we talked about the benefits of reading a book a week, and that if you were looking for a mentor that was quite successful you could consider a book within your means.

If you are one of those who have trouble reading 350 pages, do not think about the whole book, just focus on one chapter, make sure that each day you read a chapter pass, no matter what excuse you have at hand.

TheButler and Deleted Account like this.
  11. 19. Accompany the morning coffee with a reading that inspires you:

There is no better way to start the day with an extra motivation that inspires you to fulfill each of your goals, pending and dreams you have.

It can be a section of a book, a motivation blog, a reflection on Facebook, no matter the source, the content matters.

For this challenge you can consider the book Who will cry when you die, which includes a series of reflections that you can apply in your life.

TheButler likes this.
  12. 20. Do not miss a day of 30 days without smiling and having fun:

Not everything is about commitments, responsibilities and pending. Smile. Have fun. From a Youtube video to listening to the funny story of one of your co-workers in the office.

The videos are also used in social networks, no matter where you find them, make sure to stretch the muscles of your face giving a smile to life.

13. 21. Clean your body of alcohol and drugs for 30 days

It's all about attitude and decisions. If you think that the beers you drink, the cigarette that is killing your lungs and pockets does not affect you, assume the challenge of leaving it for 30 days.

If your case is that you feel that you are not able to quit, go to the doctor and ask for support to start a detoxification process.

14. 22. Exercise for 30 minutes for 30 days
    When you understand that your health is your life, you will stop thinking about exercise as a hobby and will take it as a commitment to your well-being.

Do not exercise to see yourself well, do it to feel vital. For 30 minutes, exercise that demands effort and dedication.

Of course, do not overdo it since you will achieve the opposite effect.

15. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

Thumbs up!

Unfortunately lately I find myself regressing, thinking in this way: only for today I can afford this lying or taking what wasn't given to me. Tomorrow, soon, in a few days I will really adapt to my high standards THEN I can do it but NOT NOW.

I'm not sure yet if "white lies" really are so bad. Or maybe I'm not ready for that level of ethical practice yet. I have to begin with not lying to myself, being honest with myself that is. What's also very important is to make decisions, set boundaries. Then it allows me to go in a honest communication with myself about those decisions, those areas defined by boundaries.

Now it strikes me that "Only for today, I will..." is from The Daily Decalog of Pope John XXIII. Well here it is:

1. Only for today, I will seek to live the livelong day positively without wishing to solve the problems of my life all at once.
    2. Only for today, I will take the greatest care of my appearance: I will dress modestly; I will not raise my voice; I will be courteous in my behavior; I will not criticize anyone; I will not claim to improve or to discipline anyone except myself.
    3. Only for today, I will be happy in the certainty that I was created to be happy, not only in the other world but also in this one.
    4. Only for today, I will adapt to circumstances, without requiring all circumstances to be adapted to my own wishes.
    5. Only for today, I will devote ten minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul.
    6. Only for today, I will do one good deed and not tell anyone about it.
    7. Only for today, I will do at least one thing I do not like doing; and if my feelings are hurt, I will make sure that no one notices.
    8. Only for today, I will make a plan for myself: I may not follow it to the letter, but I will make it. And I will be on guard against two evils: hastiness and indecision.
    9. Only for today, I will firmly believe, despite appearances, that the good providence of God cares for me as no one else who exists in this world.
    10. Only for today, I will have no fears. In particular, I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful and to believe in goodness. Indeed, for twelve hours I can certainly do what might cause me consternation were I to believe I had to do it all my life.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Dr. Jekyll and Deleted Account like this.
  16. Wow is increíble

17. 23 Become vulnerable and face a fear every day:

The only way to expand and leave your comfort zone is to overcome your fears. These are responsible for you staying in your routine doing the same thing every day.

Moreover, it is the culprit that your income does not come growing as you expect.

Challenge of personal development: So for 30 days a fear overcomes; Take a different route, talk to a stranger, make an innovative proposal, call future clients, learn to say no, among others.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
  18. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

What IS a godly lie??

19. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Most likely, the intention was what is said in English idiom, a "white lie." In Spanish, as far as I know, it would be something like mentira piadosa, literally: "pious" or "godly" lie. I interpret #13 to mean to not tell even one white lie, let alone anything more severe.

Duellant likes this.