1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Time away from nofap = relapse. Join us for a 30day challenge starting today

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by g2stop, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Tryingto

Tryingto Fapstronaut

Great insight, @g2stop!

As is often the case, I resist this insight mightily. It's so much easier, after all, to pretend relapses just come out of nowhere! I can relax my vigilance and maintain something of a victim stance toward my life. Your clarity and willingness to share is greatly appreciated.

g2stop likes this.
  2. Amarion

Amarion Fapstronaut

Hey g2
    Sorry I have just relapsed. Feeling ashamed right now. But I'm rebooting order to be free, alive, happy. I want to connect more with myself as well as with others. I want to feel true emotion.

3. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Hey @Amarion

Do not feel ashamed, just look back at what was happening before the relapse and understand it, then work out how to prevent it. Sometimes shame blocks progress as we use it to avoid the required self analysis.

Amarion likes this.
  4. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

So @Amarion post why you relapsed and this will bring it out in the open, help you understand, and take a step closer to freedom

Amarion likes this.
  5. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am one day away from 7 days, looking forward to feeling more calm, more positive, more connected to the world and people around me.

6. Amarion

Amarion Fapstronaut

All of my relapse happend during the night. Half consciously I M, I don't know how to avoid it to be honest. I'm always fantasizing during that period of time when I'm laying on bed and everything... It's full circle. A shame circle. My streak is not increasing since 2 Months, I'm kinda depressed...

Whenever I relapse I'm not motivated, I have no emotion, no expression, I just wanted to sit down and playing with the computer and of course all of my nights are fucked up, tonight for exemple I couldn't sleep, I was to ashame and worried about my relapse, was angry as well.

Yesterday I was jogging for 1 / 2 hours, meditating, reading and speaking with that one girl that I like. I was fine I don't know why I relapsed but it ruined everything....

My best streak was 14 days, I started NoFap on January with no expectation but now I'm more and more impatient. Knowing all of the benefits and people who succeed but I can't follow them, it's frustrating tbh

7. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Hey @Amarion

I feel your pain, but I know it will get better.

You are frustrated because you are not sure why you relapse.

You have to think about what you are thinking about before the relapse and look at ways to reduce the fantasising.

Sometimes when things are going well I have relapsed to “celebrate” the progress, so I know it can hit you when times are good and times are bad.

Each relapse teaches us how to take one step closer to freedom.

Each relapse is another demon coming up from the depths of our mind, if we can release all the demons we have created for ourselves through pmo we will be free. If we get caught into the shame cycle we will never escape.

You have a great opportunity to escape, please take it with me...

Amarion likes this.
  8. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

The real fight is not about how long the streak is, but how we deal with urges. Each time we deal with an urge we become stronger.

Amarion likes this.
  9. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

What are the best rewards for a long streak?

Amarion likes this.
  10. Amarion

Amarion Fapstronaut

Oh well that's true, thank you for supporting me !

In my opinion, freedom, pride, being clean inside and have self-confident and self-esteem

What's your opinion ? @g2stop

11. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I mean I think we have to reward ourselves with a treat. But in the past all my treats have been pmo related, so I don’t know what treats are out there in the real world.

Maybe a nice dinner
    A night out
    A movie

Amarion likes this.
  12. Amarion

Amarion Fapstronaut

Oh, I see.

I don't know, in my opinion the rewards are all of the benefices by themselves. But we can do something that we really like : watching a movie or reading that Book that we like the most. Perhaps you could reward yourself by buying you some nice expensive clothes. We have to reward ourselve in a way that is healthy and clean. For exemple you must not reward yourself with playing video games for hours, it will slow down your reboot, you will losing social interaction and eventually it will lead to relapse.
    Personnaly, my brain is rewarding myself thanks to the benefits and what I've been through, I will feel good, my self esteem will rise and I'm going to be more kind, more social, more attractive etc etc. It's full circle.

13. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Amarion likes this.
  14. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am pretty stressed due to lack of sleep and know that I am vulnerable to relapse. I will remain strong for all those reading this thread, I believe we can give each other great strength.

Amarion likes this.
  15. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Wow, finally 7 days, 23 to go to 30...

Amarion likes this.
  16. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

The activities I need to reduce that weaken me:

Watching too much tv
    Watching too much Netflix
    Watching too much YouTube
    Procrastination
    Surfing the Internet with no point
    Getting my attention taken away from what I should be doing
    Worrying about things that don’t really matter or things that I can t change
    Insomnia

Activities that strengthen me:

Meditation
    Exercise
    Time with good friends
    Time with family
    Self improvement
    Goal setting
    Goal plan making and following through
    Sleep
    Difficult conversations that are necessary

Amarion likes this.
  17. Amarion

Amarion Fapstronaut

Meditate and exercise. You'll threw your stress away. Don't forget to sleep more. It's good for the health and everything, plus it will booster your reboot.
    Exactly.

Great brother ! Keep going !

I'm in Day 1 tho... Day After day, I don't need to be impatient and frustrated

That's nice ! Basically be more productive. your reboot will give you lots of energy and motivation. We just need to pass that One Month challenge !

g2stop likes this.
  18. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Thanks @Amarion
    Coming here and having a brother like you to fight this with really helps.

Let’s keep going!

Amarion likes this.
  19. Amarion

Amarion Fapstronaut

Day 1 was lame
    Day 2 is today. Let's see how it goes

20. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Day 2 is great!

I have finally made day 8 and look forward to day 9

Amarion likes this.