1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does a woman truely want from a man?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by duha, Feb 27, 2018.

1. What you're saying is only true to an extent. Women only have the privilege of providing. Men still set the foundation for women to be independent and pretty much everything else. Either way, believe what you want.

2. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Chad Thundercock doesn't sit around thinking what a woman wants.

Vulkan and Deleted Account like this.
  3. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Really they give us the privilege, explain that one. No man has or will ever set a foundation for me and I certainly would not call working a privilege given by a man to me. I though have given men the privilege of not working themselves if they choose because they don’t have to. The ways of the world are changing and if you don’t believe that you are just going to be left behind. I put myself through school, 7 years post graduate. I earn high six figures. I have never relied on a dime from a man, pay my own bills, own my own home, a nice car. Please tell me how a man gave that to me? In the US women are fast outpacing men in earning advanced degrees, so if anyone will be setting the foundation or giving out privilege it will be the women.

4. Who built the society you live in? Everything from your school to your car was built by man, that's what I meant by setting the foundation. Without this foundation, there wouldn't be a blueprint to success for neither of us and you can't outrun something without a platform.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  5. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

God bless the Patriarchy! It will always be "A Man's world".

JustinX and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Mi
    Money

7. duha

duha Fapstronaut

The society works as a system with families as its building blocks. And the family maintains and perpetuate with a male and a female counterpart in almost all cases with a few exceptions. So if we really want the society to work, it would be far better if we could figure out how we can get along with our counterparts in a constructive way rather than making a debate on sexual supremacy. We need to define our common interests while acknowledging and cherishing the differences to make the best out of it. And one more point I want to make is that I don't think that the difference between men and women can be oversimplified into "certain physiological and anatomic difference" because these differences inevitably come bundled with psychological and behavioral distinctions in the society at large. While not giving into unreasonable stereotypes, we can make some good out of these discussions keeping the facts in mind.

8. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

There are people who value a partner that can provide financially and there are people who value other things.

Everyone is different.

What does a woman truly want from a man? Why do you assume the woman wants a man at all?

Explore people and see for yourself what they want rather than trying to attain some magical formula that you think will be the answer for everyone.

9. You can do all that for yourself man. At the end of the day, facts are facts. Men build and produce everything, even families, it's not a debate of sexual supremacy or a stereotype, it's a fact. Either way, there's plenty of men still stepping to the plate compromise their role in society for women, so I fail to see what the issue is.

10. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

The reason that men were those in the workforce and building society is because MEN were in control, they took control and oppressed women. You make it sound as if men deserve an atta boy for building the society that we live in. When in reality what happened is that men oppressed and discriminated against women, not allowing them to be in the workforce, despite their desire to do so. Who stepped up and worked in the factory jobs when men were away at war? As the dominant gender/race white men took control and pushed others down. It was only after women became strong enough and powerful enough to overthrow this, that they became equals. Women fought for years to get ahead. If men gave us the privilege, that would mean they would have just stepped aside and said hey come join us, that is not at all what happened. They fought it tooth and nail, and many still do so today. To top it off there were MANY women that contributed to building our society, the men just took credit for it. Have you seen the movie Hidden Figures? If not you should watch it. Saying that white men gave women the foundation to work, is the same as saying that white men gave African Americans the privilege and right to work or any other minority. Do you think that is true as well? Finally, who birthed the children? Do you think society could have been built or grown at all without women? Who would birth all those white men to work? Society was build on a foundation of men oppressing women, and women doing what they had to to get ahead. Now that they finally are ahead many men still are not willing to accept it, like you.

But whether you believe this garbage or not about the “privilege” what does it matter in the end? Women now do work, 40% of households have the woman as the higher wage earner. Women are going to school more frequently and graduated with higher degrees. So either men come along with the way of the world, or they get left behind. Whatever privilege you allege was given is now gone. Women have earned where they are today in society, and it is just going to continue. Why do men care? One would think they would support their partners, and other women moving forward. It all stems from insecurity. When men were in control they had no one to compete with. Many men had jobs that they never would have gotten if a woman were there to do it. They were white men. They got SPAM REMOVED (spam code #001) - REPORT TO MODERATION union jobs and did nothing. Now a woman comes in and is working ten times harder and has that job. So man needs to work 10 times harder, man does not like that. And man enjoying keeping women under his thumb by being the only source of providing, not anymore ,

I should note that this is not ALL men by any means. Many men fought alongside women and continue to do so.

11. They get what they want when they want it

12. ...you're right, you're right about everything. :oops:
    [​IMG]
    So oppressed.
    [​IMG]
    Same thing right?
    [​IMG]
    So oppressive. Doesn't matter I guess lol.

Forrest fighting hard.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  13. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

If only that were true lol. As a woman I can assure you it is not.

14. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Most women that I know including myself don’t want supremacy, we just want equality. We want an equal partner in our marriages and relationships. And in all relationships different people excel at things others don’t. So if the man is an excellent cook, and the woman sucks, he cooks. If a woman makes more money and the couple decides one person should stay home with the kids than the couple does what’s best for the family and he stays home. Or vice versa. In all relationships there is give and take. I have a good male friend who was the primary breadwinner for years. His wife went to school and now she earns a lot more and is the primary support. When he got injured at work she was able to care for the family. Many men tend to battle for control, women want a partner not an oppressor. And I’m not sure why men feel that need. I know men who thought they wanted to marry women who did not work or worked but made less, who were miserable. They felt a huge amount of stress being the sole provider and many said they felt like a parent. Every couple is different as I said before. But a man should be very careful with a woman who desires him primarily for his ability to provide, because he may not always be able to do that, and then what?

Jennica and Queen_Of_Hearts_13 like this.
  15. The answer to this is open-ended. Not all women want the same things.

16. As a woman, you're probably bias.

TheNewestCreation likes this.
  17. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

As a man how would you know?

19. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Agreed. I think generally today’s woman seeks in a man the same thing men seek in women. I think the saying, be the person you want to attract holds true.