1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeping in relationship - do you feel refreshed?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by JustinX, Mar 2, 2018.

1. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I have troubles getting a good deep sleep when I sleeping/spooning with sb else.

I am basically relationship virgin, my only relationship lasted about 3 weeks (happened 9 years ago) but I didnt manage to sleep with her because I was still naive and dumb kid. So I have no idea how it would be.

Since then I had my fair share of hookups (more then fair) and situation was always the same: I was sleeping very badly, often woken up by the other person and only half sleeping. As a result the next day I felt absolutely tired and sleepy.

I have no troubles to sleep in my double bed alone (I am used to it) and also sleeping with different girls didnt change anything, so I realized that problem is not in bed or girls but in me.

This might be one reason why I am so terrified of relationships:
    It is okay to sleep like this once on Friday night but just having a real relationship and sleeping with SO every single day -I feel that would literally kill me - due to sleep deprivation.

Anybody suffering from same symptoms? How is sleeping in your relationship? Do you feel fully refreshed afterwards?

2. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

I prefer sleeping alone or not cuddled up, but I have been single for 9 years now (had dates and flings since) and currently dating someone rather seriously, and slept over for the first time last week. My biggest issue is feeling too warm when sleeping close to others and farting in my sleep paranoia, hahaha! :'D

3. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

haha I might smile if that would happened but farting is normal human thing and there is no need to be ashamed for being human. Everybody is.

Feeling too warm is issue for me only during summer, in colder months not using duvet as much and sleeping naked is usually sufficient me to feel alright. But yeah the rule is the colder the nights the more cuddling happens :D.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    SheMonk likes this.
  4. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Some people like sleeping with others some don’t. If you are used to sleeping alone it’s an adjustment. Some people just don’t like spooning either. There is no right or wrong just what you prefer and then find someone who is good with it.

5. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Well once you orgasm after sex you should both be able to sleep no?

6. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

It might be just adjustment, I would love to hear if somebody had same problem and managed to adjust. But its not like I dont like spooning (I love it - I feel connected and wanted then) I just cant fall into deep sleep like that.

No me. For some reason it takes me long time to fall asleep and then I wake after one hour and the same cycle continues.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  7. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

It really has nothing to do with it. People that are used to sleeping alone are still going to have a tough time.

8. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I had this problem, and I just got used to sleeping with a partner. It takes some time. There is no quick fix and no certain answer.

9. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Thx this is encouraging.

10. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Any change in the circumstances around sleep require time to adapt to it: be it a new room, different time zone, or someone next to you. Keep trying, and take it easy on yourself the next day if you're still tired. 20-minute afternoon naps are your friend.