1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MistrGalvanickehoPokoveni, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Hi guys!

I am starting to think about interesting challenge. Besides NoFap, I would like to add some other restrictions. :)

1) NoFap
    2) No alcohol
    3) No overeating (I mean the portion you get, you will eat, no having seconds - if you are hungry after eating your food, finish with vegetable)
    4) No computer games
    5) No sweets, confection or additive white sugar

I would like to get:
    1) Rock my bussiness like hell
    2) Improve my communicative and commercial skills and get new girlfriend
    3) Make quite deeper introspection and know myself a little bit more
    4) Build my six-pack abs again

Anyone with me? :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. Well,I can Follow some of your rules,except overeating.I'm Skinny so I have to Eat a lot lol :D. +I don't play computer games now.+I don't drink.+I don't need a girlfriend.I'm Doing Hard Mode. :) {btw,whats the meaning of getting six pack abs,if you're Skinny. :p }.

3. perusan

perusan Fapstronaut

That is a great challenge. I am with you on all of it except #2 and that is because I don't often get to see friends and when I do it is usually in the pub. But no alcohol at home - social use only AND not to the point of getting drunk.

I've never had a 6-pack. I'm in my 40s - am I too old for one?

4. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

perusan of course not. look at this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqcSLPuuV6o

ok maybe he is a little bit extrem. :)

mistrgalvanick i follow all restrictions you mentioned above since i started this journey (point 5 is very hard for me - i eat a little bit sweet once in a week)

5. Well, with that sugar it is not so strict. Above all, I meant fizzy drinks sugar bars and low-grade food with many additives. The point of this is to eat properly. :)

6. perusan

perusan Fapstronaut

A little?? lol

I think I will start with a few sit-ups. I got myself an app, Abs Workout A6W. I will start today.

7. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

perusan you have 15 years ahead to look like him - good luck. :rolleyes:

in the moment i am reducing my weight (body-fat) - running about 25 kilometers per week. afterwards i will train a (brute!) 6pack. i am 36 so i am a young boy (teenager).

edit: mistrgalvanick i am counting calories - i try to stay under 2000 per day. never did this before. i guess in a few months i will become a nutritionist. looking for calories on every food-package. :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  8. Really? :D Actually I am not counting, but the composition of food is the first thing I am looking for...

9. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

since i start counting i am aware of how much calories i eat in the past - about 4000 i guess.

for example one whole pizza (normal size) has about 800 calories. when you count you see how fast 2000 calories are taken.

to control the composition (of food) is the next target - currently i am mixing everything (till 2000 calories).

i am doing this since three weeks (with lots of running) and my body is slowly getting in shape. i think in two months there will be nearly no fat!

in the past i did sports without controlling food/eating behaviour. that was not effective.

10. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

All I'll say is that working the abdominals will not give you a six pack. Getting abs is 95% diet and maybe 5% actual building of muscle.

11. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

this diet-thing is not easy.

i am permanent hungry and because of nofap permanent horny! punishment at its best.

madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!! :p

12. MelancholyWeightlifter

2000 may be too low, especially if you are active. What do you weigh, how tall are you?

13. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

1,80 meter - 276 kilo (no kidding 80 kilo)

my body is quite normal but i have a little potbelly. i hate it. i must eliminate it!

what are you doing? weightlifting?

i did fitness/bodybuilding for two years but could not continue because my shoulder is damaged. i cant train intense - on the bench i cant push more then 70 kilo.

but running is no problem. rowing machine is also ok.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  14. MelancholyWeightlifter

Oh OK. Then around 2000 cals would be good. Yeah I do Olympic Weightlifting.

15. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

really? thats impressing.

running is becoming a passion for me. i want to specialize the 10 kilometer distance.

i ran one time a half marathon. 2 hours 14 minutes - thats not a good time. that was too hard for me. i had cramps after finishing. cant understand how people are running the full distance.

10 kilometers is much better. 57 minutes is my best time - that is also not so good. under 50 minutes is really good. that is possible - must train more and harder. :cool:

16. MelancholyWeightlifter

Nice man! I used to run, my best half marathon was 2:08. 10k I've done around 50 minutes. Just keep training hard and you'll get there.

17. monkotto: Try calisthenics. Many people with some health problems, who can´t lift weight do this. Me also even when my body is OK. :)

18. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

Indeed not an easy combination. Both nofap and calorie counting need lots of willpower. You may well run out of it.
    From what i gather you would be better off, instead of calorie counting, to eat healthier things until you are sated. You know, less fat, milk, meat and more veggies/fruits.

19. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

melancholy i swear never again half marathon. 10k in 47 or 48 minutes - that would be great. after a 10k run the body is not so destroyed. :)

mistrgalvanick and immor thx for tips.

i will start to watch out for the composition of food - to eat more healthy. this is unknown territory for me.

edit:
    by the way best 10k run - 26:17 kenenisa bekele (an ethiopian guy) - need a poster of him.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  20. blunt.ever

blunt.ever Fapstronaut