1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge: Why Do You Want To Quit PMO?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NooseAnchor, Aug 6, 2016.

1. NooseAnchor

NooseAnchor Fapstronaut

Introduction
    Oftentimes when we want to change something in our lives (including ourselves) we focus too much on the "how". In the case of NoFap, us being addicts, doubtful, and not really knowing how to escape this, the question "how?" almost sounds like defeat in itself. Thus, genuinely not knowing and unable to imagine the specifics of how we're gonna do it, "how?" quickly causes us to stop believing in ourselves and our success.
    The "why?", however, will get you there much faster because it offers no resistance to the thought of success. The "why?" doesn't ask for validation. The "why?" doesn't require further insights, knowledge, plans or techniques. It simply practices the pure energy of that which you want to achieve without opposing it.

Challenge
    This is why I want to challenge everyone on here to really dig deep, ask themselves the question why they want to quit and then think and write about it. The only rule is: You cannot focus on the negatives that you want to get rid of and simply negate them (for example "I don't want to feel like a piece of shit"). Instead, what you wanna do is focus on the feelings you desire, the benefits, your vision of the improved version of yourself, etc. Keep it positive. Leave no stone unturned. You can write as much as you want, one huge comprehensive paragraph once or a couple of lines each day / week. Just ask yourself the question "why?" at least once, give us your answer(s) and experience firsthand how this shifts your mindset.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  2. NooseAnchor

NooseAnchor Fapstronaut

Having posted this thread, I guess it's up to me to get things started:

-------

I choose to do to NoFap because as a human being I desire to be independent. I want to break free, for I love the constant expansion that life is meant to be and so I want to be able to participate in this life fully, with enthusiasm and passion. When life demands that I act, I want to be able to respond constructively. I love picking up new hobbies, continuously looking for and finding what makes me feel good, building memories, laughing until my brain tingles and just having a good time in general. I deeply enjoy any connection with another human being, be it on the level of mind, body, or soul; stranger, shop assistant, cashier, client, family member, friend, or partner. I want to be on NoFap because I have a ton of ideas for songs and finally want to get around to starting a YouTube channel where I can upload them – for art is the number one way to make yourself immortal. I choose NoFap because "proactive" is one word I want to be able to think of when people ask me to describe myself in three words. "Benevolent" and "generous" are the other two. And I know firsthand that these qualities – and many, many more – are byproducts of NoFap. It changes my whole perspective on life for the better. I also absolutely love the underlying sense of contentment and peace that come with it, not to mention the enormous amount of energy, vitality, and the overall zest for life. I take enormous pleasure just in smiling at complete strangers and then getting goosebumps and watery eyes when they smile back. I enjoy being deeply appreciative of other human beings and seeing them as an extension of myself. I want to turn toward the light and let true unconditional love enter my being. I know meaningful relationships have to come when I put myself and my intentions and my desires out there. People pick up on the positivity and peacefulness that I emanate on NoFap as I'm beginning to come clean with and truly enjoy myself.

Last but not least, I would very much like true friendship, the one built on trust and loyalty, and a partner so that I can satisfy the deep need for an opportunity to also express romantic, intimate love, and experience fully what it means to be loved, cherished, held closed and dear by an individual that I also love, cherish, and hold close and dear.

3. Going To Heal

Going To Heal Fapstronaut

I will be the second to reply buddy.

The reason as to why I am going to stop PMO'ing and relapsed three time in the past week but now I found out a website I can use to block all the websites that I thought i'd just look at then it escalated and ended in relapse. No more as I used the "Nuke it button on them all so it doesn't load up the page at all and tells me off if I try lol. Finally, I feel no reason to even enter them websites now as I know it won't be there :)

---So, now to the real reasons why I am going to quit. I have had this dream since I was 16 that I wanted to be a professional boxer but when I turned 17, that changed as I realised, I want that Gold Medal in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Then that's when I will turn pro and after a while become world champion :) I had no energy but now I do as all of that sexual energy is put into working in the boxing gym. It's awesome aswell because as a boxer you're not allowed to have sexual relations with anyone or yourself. Well you are but all serious boxers never do as it drains too much energy.

---Now, the second reason I am going to stop is so that I can also like you my friend, have meaningful relationships with my friends and quite possibly the woman I get close with. I wasn't bothered about talking to people with PMO but now without it, I am craving social interactions and I feel more confident as my mind isn't clouded so my mind is quicker and more fluid when talking to people. This mind fluidity also helps my boxing as thinking fast is crucial.

Sorry for the long post, I saw that this thread dropped down the page a bit so I wanted to get it back up as I think it is a good idea to talk about why you wish to stop. It gives that added motivation and allows you to remember why you're doing this.

NooseAnchor likes this.