1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Theres a very bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by NoneForMeThanks, Aug 9, 2015.

1. NoneForMeThanks

NoneForMeThanks Fapstronaut

I made a thread a few weeks ago about my recovery approaching 6 weeks ( http://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/coming-up-on-6-months-clean.42897/#post-288423 ). It seems from then and now my recovery has gotten 10x better.

I finally met a beautiful young lady not too long ago. Shes fantastic. And for the first time in months/ years I'm entering into a healthy relationship where I'm actually set up for success. I'm emotionally sound, sexually "reset", confident, and really eel I have a lot to offer. In fact, we both do.

But the biggest improvement which I can guarantee, which is why I joined this community, was no P induced ED. It was the most glorious sight I've ever seen, and needless to say I am FUCKING STOKED that this will no longer be an issue for me, or atleast I have made significant improvements in that area...

Here's what I want to say to the newbies, everyone needing encouragement.

THE REBOOT WORKS.

Yes it takes discipline. Yes its difficult. Yes it may take a long time.

But NEVER let any of these things become obstacles for you. The 6 months I've put into this reboot is NOTHING compared to the rest of my life. I want to have a successful marriage. I want to be healthy sexually. I WANT TO BE HEALTHY!

Put your damn foot down. Get focused. Get motivated. Get this shit done. Because i'm here to tell you fellas. I had little hope I would recover and live a normal life. Ill be honest. But I believed in the reboot process. And here I am sitting at "the end of the tunnel" screaming KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. IT GETS BETTER.

The reboot was my only hope to have a normal sexual life. And the experiences Ive had with this girl are not only emotionally rich and deep, but convinced me that P is the dumbest, shallowest, stupident waste of time in the whole universe. The real thing is so much more undeniable better for so many reasons I would never even imagine going back to P.

I want everyone in this community to get to where I am now. I'm here for everyone who needs help, motivation, advice, anything. I want to help you. I want to eliminate P addiction.

Get it moving brothers. There's light at the end of the tunnel.

2. ZamoraJoe

ZamoraJoe Fapstronaut

Love it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I am really glad that you have done it. Keep being strong and enjoy you time with you girl.

Mobius and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  3. Nice one and Respect!

If you read here how much struggle and pain PMO can cause, posts like your really DO matter.

Good Luck for the Future!

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  4. programer

programer Fapstronaut

thanx bro. its amazing to hear all this.

5. MatthewD

MatthewD Fapstronaut

Thank you! So many of us on this forum NEED to hear that this is possible! I think we've all seen glimmers of hope from time to time and then the pattern of giving in and destroying our lives sets back in. No more for me. I believe the light is real and I'm ready for some of it. Thank you again for sharing.

6. Cabana76

Cabana76 Fapstronaut

This is so inspiring to hear! Thanks so much for sharing your success story! You have motivated me and no doubt countless other to keep marching forward!!

Mobius likes this.
  7. terminator1

terminator1 Fapstronaut

This has to be one of the most motivating posts I have read. Thank you sir!

8. Temujin

Temujin Guest

Congratulations!

It's nice reading of such success when you are still in the thick of it.

9. John F

John F Fapstronaut

Wow, this really is inspiring. We know this is not an easy journey but this definitely something we all can hold on to.

Mobius likes this.
  10. Alyosha

Alyosha Fapstronaut

What would you say were the major things that helped you get "over the hump"? That is, I feel like in every reboot there the sort of "dark night of the soul," where reboot doesn't feel like it's doing anything and you have the worst cravings ever - but when you cross the threshold it's all downhill. Was there a moment like that for you? What things specifically helped you get where you are?

11. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Fapstronaut

Congratulations @NoneForMeThanks

I read through your journal before and you were nothing but strong. Good things come to those who work hard!

axy_david likes this.
  12. Indignation

Indignation Fapstronaut

Congrats bro! You deserve this!

13. CL555

CL555 Fapstronaut

Fucking nice work bro! Very inspiring. Congratulations!

14. 9999ocb

9999ocb Fapstronaut

Now I'm stoked !

15. NoneForMeThanks

@Alyosha

Initially, I had a group on this site that i checked in with everyday. We had rituals we did, such as working out everyday, taking a cold shower everyday etc. and that was the biggest key to my first reboot. I was hitting the gym hard and I think honestly that was on of the biggest things as well. It just made me feel more "manly".

On my second reboot, I was much more focused on the consequences of relapse. I HATE feeling foggy brained, disconnected, socially anxious, not smooth with girls etc. I knew the man who I wanted to be and these things were the opposite of that man. That's what drove me in the second reboot, having a clear picture of who I wanted to be.

With these being said, one must be disciplined if he is going to reboot successfully. There is no way around that.

I have been around the reboot block, so let me know if you need any other tips or help!

ronkumar likes this.
  16. NoneForMeThanks

I appreciate everyone's replies on here.

You SHOULD be stoked. The rewards are plentiful and available to everyone on here if you can find the discipline to seek them.

I'm not a magic man, or any better or worse than any one on this site. everyone can do this. its FUCKING HARD. but not impossible. Im glad I can motivate and inspire some of you. Im always open to PM's if anyone is lost in the struggle and needs help

Cheers

ronkumar likes this.
  17. RichardBranson

RichardBranson New Fapstronaut

Congratulations on the continued abstination. I agree it gets easier but its difficult to get through those short periods when you could potentially relapse. At these points we must remain focussed and not slip. Those periods are short and, as you say, the rewards are worth so much more. Well done, remain strong and DONT give up.

18. ptcompetitor81

ptcompetitor81 Fapstronaut

This is awesome keep it up!!

19. Antoine24

Antoine24 Fapstronaut

Yes, there is a light! ;)