1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lose fat, Build mass, Change diet and lifestyle support/advice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Martyr_man, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

While we motivate and support each other to stick with nofap let's get healthier too. This is a thread for people who want to change bad habits for good ones. Healthy living is a great way to keep your mind and body away from M and P. It takes motivation, dedication and is a lot of fun. Whatever fitness level you are, it doesn't matter :) The objective is to quit P and M while using diet and exercise as a replacement. Once you get into the swing of things you'll keep it for life, guaranteed. State your age, sex and health goals as well as anything else you'd like.

(EVER WONDER... WHAT IS YOUR BODY TYPE??)
    www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

(6 STEPS TO "MENTALLY" PREPARE YOURSELF FOR YOUR NEW LIFESTYLE)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/strong-mind-stronger-body-6-steps-to-mental-muscle.html

Little about me. I was heavily overweight as a preteen (literally obese) then lost it all by age 15 and was underweight. At 16 I started bodybuilding. At 20 y/o I was rocking the muscular body I could finally be proud of as a natural lifter. Then 23'ish my testosterone levels took a nose dive without my knowledge. I struggled to keep the bodybuilding lifestyle while losing energy, losing muscle mass and gaining weight. Hitting a serious state of depression, P and M became more addictive than ever before. Now at 26 I've began testosterone replacement therapy and am physically and mentally back on track and ready to shed the pounds, pick up the weights, eat right and stop faping. I'll be starting over again as if I've never lifted before. Im no professional but I've experienced what it's like in all three world's (overweight, underweight and muscular). I love to motivate and give any advice that I can and would love to receive advice as well. Don't be shy, we're here to help each other change habits and life styles :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    ds112358, goldstein, ekoluomu and 5 others like this.
  2. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

3. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Very good idea my friend. Im skinny Fat, so my workout right now is dumbell lifting and HIIT. I also think my test levels are a shame, but I'm trying to increase it naturally. So far NoFap has given me Beast energy to do my workouts, let's see what happens in the upcoming months

Martyr_man likes this.
  4. Kyoheix

Kyoheix Fapstronaut

I'm in for this. I have been trying and trying for years to get healthy. I got close 5 years ago by losing a lot of weight (about 20kg) then gained it all back.
    Right now I'm trying to avoid all sugar in my diet and eat more fruit and vegs, it is hard though since preparing meals takes time and crap food is all around.

Body type: Endomorph, 180cm (5.9 ft), 95kg (210 lb), currently looking fat and round.

My workout so far: Each week walk for at least 10 hours, do 2 hours or cardio (video-game dancing at home).

My diet needs to be tweaked but I don't want to overwhelm myself with too many changes this month because of the chance of just throwing them all out of the window and get back to being my old self.

Martyr_man likes this.
  5. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Welcome bro :) glad you've decided to join. Fapping is awful on workouts idc what anyone says. It kills that drive to push hard. What is your goals? Build toned muscle mass I take it? If so and d-bells are what you have available I'd suggest trying the routine I'll be starting. And I am a sensitive mesomorph. I don't exactly look bulky all the time but I naturally have a thin frame with that somewhat broad V shape upper body. I gain weight easily, lose weight easily, build muscle easily and lose muscle easily. This sort of sound like you?

ShotDunyun likes this.
  6. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Welcome bro and thank you for joining :) you are 100% an endomorph for sure by the way it sounds. You're more than likely packing muscle under that weight naturally without really trying but you just need to work on losing the weight and hardening up those muscles. I "think" tweaking up your diet and working on a (more towards strength, less towards mass) lifting routine will be up your alley. Try finding a lifting routine that's not too strenuous on time (in and out workout) with sets of 6-8. And cut out those fruits except for an apple a day. For someone already overweight fruits can add unwanted sugar in the body to burn off. No carbs (light good carbs if any like white rice in your pre workout meal). I figure with something like this you'll see yourself harden up and lose weight too. Do one hour of a fast walk per day. As for diet, it's not as hard as it seems. Just make yourself 6 small meals per day mostly lean chicken and bright green veggies. Nothing but water too.. This is just an idea

7. Yugae

Yugae Fapstronaut

Hey, nice thread Martyr_man !

I don't have enough time to write a full reply, so I'm just giving an advice on body types : from what I read on this concept, it seems it has no biological evidence.
    You can read this here : http://www.julienvenesson.fr/mythe-les-morphotypes-en-musculation/ (translated in English : http://translate.google.com/transla...orphotypes-en-musculation/&edit-text=&act=url)
    http://www.rudycoia.com/les-morphotypes-en-musculation/ (translated in English : http://translate.google.com/transla....rudycoia.com/les-morphotypes-en-musculation/)

8. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Hey there :) thank you. As it says though there hardly ever is a full blown one type of person. Most people are somewhere in the middle of one of the end twos

9. Taimur Sadiq

Taimur Sadiq New Fapstronaut

Well shit, I'm a fatass too, with 3 years of gym experience tho. But, as of now, I'm open to any advice to get that sexy shape that the ladies love. Let's do this gents.

Martyr_man likes this.
  10. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Glad to see you hear :)

11. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Some of the best practical advice I can give is, be steadfast in your goals, be patient, understand that, believe it or not, no one knows your body better than you do. Basically be continuous , relax as you go forward in achieving these goals and trust me you'll see results. The way it happened for me was one day at 19 I walked by a mirror and was like O.O holy sh*t!!! I'm... I'm.. Jacked!! And I thought I was still that skinny/fat 16 y/o with lose skin from being fat with no muscle. I bulked right into my untoned skin and was no longer skinny.

12. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Im more like just gaining weight on my belly, Im really dry everywhere else. But I've seen some results, and just like you I dont give a damn about what anyone says, NoFap DOES help, at least gives you the Beast Boost to perform every day

Martyr_man likes this.
  13. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

You're trying to just gain weight? Do you have a hard time putting on some weight? You have an overly fast metabolism?

ShotDunyun likes this.
  14. slipher

slipher Fapstronaut

Hey guys.
    Cool idea OP.

I want to loose bodyfat percentage and i want to build up my breast muscles.
    I do have acces to a home gym.
    but most of my flaws are linked to wrong nutrition.
    how can i lower my body fat via the right foods? (or atleast aid it)
    I was thinking about low carb..

Martyr_man likes this.
  15. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Yeah, right my plan is getting rid of the belly, I'm adding a little bit of muscle. And yes, it is hard for me to gain weight in my arms or legs

16. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Thanks for the compliment :) what does your diet look like right now? Do you have a pretty basic time schedule on when you eat (breakfast time, lunch times etc) and you're just not in access to better choices/ making wrong choices on what to eat or are you the kinda guy who struggles to get something in the stomach while on your way out the door? As for building on the chest area I take it my brother, you are soft in the chest area and want to slim/ tone the chest? Or you just want bigger pecs?

17. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Sounds like you're an ectomorph type with too much of a bf%? Hard to gain muscle but easy to gain weight? Maybe you used to be overweight like me? If you have access to a gym I'd suggest trying the Leroy Colbert old school eod full body workout routine. I love the eod full body lift for beginners. Split routines were made popular by guys on bodybuilding drugs. It worked great for me too. If you are interested I'll post the workout here. If you want to lose weight around the waist and stomach situps eod, walk and work on diet. If you want to lose stomach fat/size and eat enough to put on mass then eat small meals every 2 hours of the right foods. Lean protein, clean carbs, green veggies (broccoli is best Imo) no canned veggies and beans. Once you start lifting and eating like this you'll become married to the fork lol but you'll tone, build and keep that weight well under control

ShotDunyun likes this.
  18. That sounds awesome.
    I am currently doing some bodyweight exercises, but as soon as I am through with my plan, I am going to start this too.

Martyr_man likes this.
  19. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Bodyweight exercises are good too. Great for keeping the body insync with itself. Once I get a gym membership I'll be switching to the Leroy Colbert eod full body workout. It's oldschool and proven to work and full body workouts are easy on the joints for when you're older

20. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Sounds like a plan, I'll be very thankful if you can share those routines