1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Effort and Perseverance pays off

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by randompatriot, Dec 9, 2015.

1. randompatriot

randompatriot Fapstronaut

Hello Fapstronauts!

I know I haven't finished the 90 days that I set as a target, but I have seen incredible improvements in my life and would like to share it with this community that's helped so much.

To be honest, even though I trusted the process from the start, I did not quite dimension all the positive outcomes that fellow Fapstronauts claimed to have gotten during the process and once they were free from PMO addiction.

For starters, I have been much more energetic lately. It used to be difficult for me to wake up anywhere earlier than 9:00 am (so yes, it made going to University and Work dreadful every morning), but now I find myself waking up naturally at 7:30-8:00 feeling generally refreshed and with the willingness to do things. So, check for the 'more energy' and 'less general tiredness' claim that many have experienced.

Second, although I passed a very difficult time with the flatline, after some time IT DOES get better and damn I honestly say I feel a real increase in my libido again but in the healthy sense. I can actually now look at real women and feel the natural feelings men have, whether be sexual attraction, interest to get to know her, etc. Although I interacted with women during my PMO years, I seemed to have forgotten how to see the beauty in them, until my body finally began cleaning itself. Now I am in a happy relationship (unbelievable, I know), and feeling in a great moment, something I have not been capable of feeling for years.

Third, I can't stress enough now that I know, once I took this decision I suddenly had SO MUCH FREE TIME. Sometimes I find myself desperate to do things, and this had led me to explore many new hobbies, re-take my work out routine, become more social (as now PMO isn't present in my life) and feel alive again. Also, the mind is more at ease, and not constantly thinking of all the content that I used to obsess about every single day.

Finally, I have noticed that my general mood is much more positive, much calmer and less moody. Given that I am introverted, my mood swings weren't very noticeable for most people but my close friends and family. However now there is a general consensus that I am a new person, or better said, I have the character I used to possess before I started PMO addiction. This has been amazing as I have reconnected in many ways with the people most dear to me, for I am not with my mind elsewhere anymore, but living the moment with them.

I am aware that I still must be very careful of a relapse (although at this stage I really don't even miss p**n, I barely even think it except for some rare sparks in my head at times).

It makes me wonder at the amazing capability of the body to begin recuperating after years of abuse. But for now I wanted to share this with all of you, because this community has really helped me re-take my life back. Thank you everybody! Your experiences and words here have really made me change for the better! And for every new struggling Fapstronaut, I can tell you BELIEVE in the process and BELIEVE in YOURSELF. You can do this, we're all in this together, you are not alone!

Peace.

2. Andyst343

Andyst343 Fapstronaut

Good words, it helps..well done want to be where you are.. all best to you

3. randompatriot

Thanks Andyst343, all the best to you too!

Andyst343 likes this.
  4. ad_nex

ad_nex Fapstronaut

thanks for sharing your experience buddy...

5. Nearhills boy

Nearhills boy Fapstronaut

Very good, are you think that this period of time is enough to try sex?

6. randompatriot

I had no problems with sex during this time, except for my own mental blocks. I was nervous and worried about the flatline affecting the moment, but when I stopped worrying, and didn't rush things, it all went well. I believe this will depend on the person, in my case it felt right and natural, so I believe that allowed me to get over the mental block that was caused by PMO addiction.

7. Nearhills boy

Nearhills boy Fapstronaut

Very nice man, great discipline and result :)... Keep on going, every good stiry and expirience give me hope and strenght for my and other guys... keep us updating :D

8. randompatriot

Thanks bro, will keep it up! :)

9. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Congratulations, the benefits that you are receiving certainly seem worth the effort that it takes to quit this stupid PMO habit. I've been trying to get to 30-days for exactly one-year this month and reading post like yours gives me the inspiration to continue the fight.
    Peace.

10. randompatriot

I can't believe it, day 89, just one day away from fulfilling 90 days of no PMO. It feels weird, but I feel great about it. Its weird in the sense that I am trying to dimension the length that I managed to persevere, that I've spent dozens of days not even thinking about it, just living life in a way that I did not think possible anymore. Its amazing that I hear conversations of people where they joke about masturbation or such, and that it doesn't even bother me anymore. Heck, I can joke with them as if I never went through that hell. And that feeling of self-empowerment, of self-strength, of knowing you are not a slave to your desires anymore, is amazing.

I've also however had a few rough patches down this road, where some nights I remembered all the content I used to have, the images, videos and games. Nights where my brain was telling me that I did good enough, that I should download some of it, and just moderately use it. But I knew that if I started again, I would not stop. Those were rough stages, and I pulled through by keeping busy and by visiting NoFap, reading success stories, reading again about the detrimental effects of PMO addiction, and finding inspiration in others who are also battling their demons. This helped me keep clean.

As proud as I feel of myself, this accomplishment isn't only mine, it is also this community's, as it has helped me a lot. I want to thank everyone who has been a part of it, from sharing their stories and experiences, to giving me words of encouragement, to the very creator and moderators of this forum. You have made it possible for me to see that I can re-take my life again. You all are the brave souls that kept this ball rolling and allowed me to stumble on it one day in my darkest hour, and for that, I am eternally grateful. I would like to participate now to help others here, and keep NoFap going as many of the veterans here have been doing, giving their valuable time to us all.

I know that there is a chance in the future to relapse, there will always be a chance for it. But I will stay strong, and not go down that path again.

Thank you esteemed community of Nofap! And for those who are still battling, KEEP GOING! You can do it! Never lose that hope that brought you here, because if you really fight for it, you will get it, and be clean once again!