1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 days struggle to a better life : check the results

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Muhitat, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Muhitat

Muhitat New Fapstronaut

Hi everyone,

It's my first post here but I've been lurking on this website since I started the PMO challenge. I've been benifitting from all of you guys, your advices, your experience, your tricks. So a big thank you to you all first. Let me recap from where I started :

90 days before:
    I was (and still am) 21-years-old nerd. I had never been in a relationship before. I was telling myself that I had to focus on my studies (and I was), that I didn't need anyone in my life. At times, I would even be blaming girls for not paying attention to me. And as maybe some of you guys, I was litterally thinking every day about my virginity. I was considering every way to get laid.
    As for fapping, I started at 15, watching P online. I thought I had found the perfect way to avoid finding a relationship. For 3 years, I've been fapping 3-4 times a week. That's not heavy M but still enough to create addiction, to generate insomnia, lack of concentration, brain fog, ... I tried to stop several times on my own, but I was not trying hard enough, so I soon came back to my old habits.
    Because of family issues, I ran into depression and stopped the NoFap challenge for a long while. When I was about to hit rock bottom, I realized I had to change ! That's when I started to do it very seriously

Now:
    I've not been fapping for more than 90 days. It changed my life completely. I learned to be less selfish, to maintain eye-contact (I would not do that before). I've also never been so focused in my life. My mind is clear as day.
    As for my relationships, as soon as I stopped caring about being in couple or not, being virgin or not, I met the perfect girl. Nice, intelligent, beautiful, very shy like me, but that's fine. We've been in couple for about 1 month and a half now. It's just the beginning, it might not work out in the end but I don't care, I take life as it is !
    As for fapping, I don't feel the urge anymore ; I even forgot what it was like to be addicted to this crap. I know that nobody is ever safe from fapping so I'm still being very careful about triggers and so on. It took me 30 days to kill the "daily urge". Then I hit "flatlining" which was not so painful for me. Finally, the urges came back, but I was prepared for it so I got rid of them very easily. Now, I feel like I'm normal.
    I used to be an introvert, being afraid of talking to people or in public. I won't say that I'm perfectly with these right now, but it's definitely got easier. By overcoming my introversion, I made lots of new friends, male and female (I used to be shier when it came to female friends).

What helped me :
    • Having a long-term project : I started learning Spanish. Some of my relatives speak Spanish so I thought it would be nice. It kept my head off the addiction for some time. I started biking and hiking.
    • Meditation : that helped a lot. It teaches you to stop listening to your urges, to kill any fantacizing (I think fantacizing is natural but in our case, it is extremely dangerous).
    • Keeping a detailed diary : record any fanatacizing, wet dreams, emotions. Analyse them and find to orien them positively. For instance, "I want to M when I'm alone in my room and nobody is around"=>"Go outside, or go to the library to work on your Spanish"
    • Finding support : on Internet here. In my case, I relied heavily on my older sister. I know I can trust her for keeping this kind of secret and always be supportive. Not everyone has the chance to have so encouraging a relative. In any case, find people to help you.
    I hope this post helps those of you who are still struggling. I have just one thing more to say : be brave, it's totally worth it !

Sorry for long post, I think some may find it useful.

2. Feasthunter

Feasthunter New Fapstronaut

good for you, keep improving every day. i like your story because it is almost same as mine.

3. Congrats bro; serious props because hitting 90 days without being a member here and using it as a support-base is pretty damn impressive. Here's to another 90 and good luck with your girl.

4. pulkit duggal

pulkit duggal Fapstronaut

thanks man fr sharing i appreciate