1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 days - a few thoughts.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Immanuel, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Immanuel

Immanuel Guest

I just finished my 90 day hard mode reboot. I could write and write about this, but I'll keep it short.

When I was a bit younger I used to think about this hard working, strong, well respected man that I was going to be when I grew up. As I got older I realised, "Crap, it doesn't just happen! The story of my life is being written right at this moment and if nothing changes I will be a sissy boy who looks like a middle age man when I am 50."

So, at the start of this year I made a short list of things that could stop me from achieving the ambitious goals that I have set for the next few years of my life. Number one on the list was, undeniably, PMO. Here I am, 90 days later, feeling like more of a man than I ever have. There's still a fair bit of "reprogramming" to go yet, but my life has radically changed for better. I feel like I am living the kind of life that you want to look back on with fond memories when you are 70.

Gentlemen (and ladies), it's not easy, but it's worth it.

Immanuel

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
  2. Sigmapi79

Sigmapi79 Fapstronaut

Can I ask how old you are?

3. JensDK42

JensDK42 Guest

What else was on the list?

4. Immanuel

Immanuel Guest

5. Immanuel

Immanuel Guest

The other things aren't quite like PMO because they aren't addictions. The rough list was something like, 1. PMO (by far the biggest one), 2. girls, 3. music production - I just don't have much time for it atm. I used to be a professional musician and now I am in my medical intermediate year - the really intense year that determines whether I get into medical school .

6. I'm with you. I'm nearly at 90 days and it's been well worth it and plan to continue the rest of my life.

Immanuel and Sigmapi79 like this.
  7. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Immanuel likes this.
  8. MAZEN MD

MAZEN MD Fapstronaut

do the urges to fap go away when you reach 90 days? if not how often do they come? and how severely ?

9. Immanuel

Immanuel Guest

I never have urges to watch P now (woooohoooooo!!!!!!). I still do have urges to MO. Tbh, the last 48hrs of my 90 days was REALLY tough going in terms of temptation to MO. This was due to a fairly hefty trigger that was (foolishly) self induced. I think it's important to work out what your triggers are and avoid them like the plague. Sometimes I feel like I have random urges, but most of the time the urges are because of triggers. I've committed to hard mode until I get married, which is probably a while away because I'm not even dating anyone atm. I like to think that the combination of continual rebooting and making sweet love to my wife will considerably reduce MO urges. One of my biggest aids in getting through strong urges is having friends that are onboard to keep me accountable with my no PMO goal. When I get an urge, I just text a bro, let him know what's going on, and ask him to check in with me a bit later. It's pretty humbling, but it beats a reset by a long shot. See if you can find a friend who is on the same page as you - it will help you to deal with urges.

Sigmapi79 and Alan Collins like this.
  10. MAZEN MD

MAZEN MD Fapstronaut

thank you Immanuel this was realy helpful . and keep going .. best of luck in your journey

1 person likes this.
  11. Cooldude4

Cooldude4 Fapstronaut

Super, all the best!!

Immanuel likes this.
  12. nofapjt

nofapjt Fapstronaut

congratz

Immanuel likes this.
  13. Youshallnotpass

Youshallnotpass Fapstronaut

Great story man. Congratulations !

Immanuel likes this.
  14. Sigmapi79

Sigmapi79 Fapstronaut

Man, this is such an awesome testimony! I look forward to seeing your continued success!

Immanuel likes this.
  15. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Fapstronaut

Congratulations fellow fapstronaut

Immanuel likes this.
  16. Thanks for writing this. Inspiring. 89 days to go...

Immanuel likes this.
  17. And this time, I WILL make it.

Immanuel likes this.
  18. Sigmapi79

Sigmapi79 Fapstronaut

19. Congrats Immanuel and thank you for this post; it is just what I needed to hear right now. I wish you well with your medical studies and a fulfilling future.

Immanuel likes this.
  20. PotentLife

PotentLife Fapstronaut

Great work, Immanuel! You've inspired me as well!

Immanuel likes this.