1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

5 Weeks are done

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by 1337, Jun 20, 2016.

1. 1337

1337 New Fapstronaut

Today i reached my 5th week. Before this time i PMO'd nearly everyday. It was just an ritual for me and i didn't thought much about it. But the side effect were horrible.
    I had serious depressions with suicide thoughts since many years. I smoked pot and never left my dorm room. I struggled with my self to quit smoking but i never succeeded. But after maybe ~day10, the need completely disappeared (same with beer). I wasn't paranoid any more. I felt my face smiling all the time, started conversations, visited my parents (im a student). Since ~day 30 the urges for PMO also disappeared. I dont need much of sleep, i get up after 5 hours and i feel awesome, every moment. I now have 2 jobs and i am working on my master thesis in computer science and i dont feel overwhelmed. I started with exercises, every morning. 6-12km of walk and some massive workouts on my Chin Up which i had for more than one year unused in my door (i started to read a book about how the guys in jail train). I changed my eating behaviours (more like mr atkins), before that time i just ate a lot of potatoes. Vegetables were always a big part of my nutrition, but i now recognize that i need meat, everday. Fish is also awesome, especially if i catch it on my own. oddly enough i catched the biggest ones in the last 5 weeks .... with a busshit equipment, the guys next to me couldn't believe what they saw :D. When i was fishing i also recognized that i had my hands are more under control. I could easy made perfect knots without any anger or shaking fingers. And yes the anger, i had it on everthing. It just disappeared.

“I can’t believe I’ve gone this far considering where I started. I’m not sad and alone anymore. I am alive and it’s just the beginning.”

These are just some of my benefits after quitting PMO im curious for the future.

kind regards

2. pmg

pmg Fapstronaut

Well done!!

Shekhar95 likes this.
  3. Shekhar95

Shekhar95 Guest

4. maske

maske Fapstronaut

Right on, man!

I can relate with so many things you said, both the bad habits from before and the changes I'm starting to see now.

Keep it up! Cheers

5. therealjocab

therealjocab Fapstronaut

So glad to hear that the Anger subsided. Glad to read about how you have developed good habits in the place of previous bad ones. Keep up the great work!!

6. tyobes7

tyobes7 Fapstronaut

I'm happy to you because you feel this positive change , all what you say is true and I hope what you said been a motivational cause for people they still pmo

7. 1337

1337 New Fapstronaut

Almost 5 years have passed since I started this thread. I relapsed a few days later. I didn't reach streaks that long after that. Until now. I am now on day 55 of my trip. I feel like shit. My crush turned me down 4 weeks ago after meeting multiple times. My best friend killed himself jumping off a bridge. I took a 3 week vacation to calm down. It rained all the time. Now that I have to go back to work tomorrow, it is suddenly summer.

How to update the counter in my signature?

8. Sorry for your friend. If you took 3 week vacation to calm down, maybe you should consider therapy to cope with loss ? Rebooting by itself is greatly challenging. If more difficulties will arise, it might become challenging beyond capacity to bear it.

What was overall happening in your life since your last post? Positive or negative tendency ?
    I'm asking because it is probably not so common for guys returning here after 5 years.

9. 1337

1337 New Fapstronaut

I finished my studies with a master degree. Found a Job as software developer. But i really hate working and i hate the people, i hate it working the whole day in front of the computer when the sun shines. I think nobody there likes me. And to be honest, i have constant thoughts on killing my self and others. I am not happy about my life. I earn money, got a car and a rental flat, but i dont really enjoy any of it. Nobody takes me seriously. I always have the feeling that people talk to me like a child. I feel loney and lost.

10. josedelamuerte

josedelamuerte Fapstronaut

Yeah, working is awful. I also alternate between phases of holding a steady job I hate, then quitting when I'm completely burned out and just playing gigs until the money runs out. I still haven't figured out this whole "working" thing, and as the years go by I'm starting to think that maybe I never will. At least you have some other things you enjoy doing (you mentioned fishing). When the going gets rough I try to focus on those.

Good luck!

11. Inspirational story. I enjoyed it. Thank you for taking the time to post it.