1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

We don't need a girl right now

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Landomike, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Landomike

Landomike Fapstronaut

This idea came to mind when I was doing sprints this morning. I relapsed on a 5 day streak last night and I'm glad for it. I've learned a great lesson. The longest I've had was 25+ but that's besides the point but you know a little about me.

You and I don't need nor do we have any business being in a relationship. Our responsibility is to kill the sickness of pmo. Once we have conquered our goals (mine being 90 days and cut about 10 or so pounds) then, if the opportunity arises, a fair maiden ( quoting the golden aka latsbrah on yt) , walks into your life then that's fucking great.

I do not want to meet the dream girl right now cause I am not the best I can be and you should think the same way. I get it though, having a girl would be great but you're not where you need to be. Think about this, would the girl of your dreams want to be with the man you are as of this very second? I'm not where I want to be but I know what I want and I will get there.

There's a aerosmith song about you don't always get what you want but you get what you need. I lived by that in high school. I know I'm not the best writer but I think you get the point. Follow me and hit me up if you'd like.

2. Justince

Justince Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That song is by Rolling Stones and its "You can't always get what you want".

Rock culture aside, I agree that the less we care about hooking up or getting a girlfriend, the less it will bother us.
    It's not easy though 'cause once in a while we have this feeling of loneliness and no one beside us...

... and I'd overcome that loneliness feeling by either hanging out with my godbrother, my friends, or having small talks with random girls in the public and casually teasing them (which NoFap had made it easier for me) without any expectations or desperation to be in a relationship with them.

You should do that too. Who knows if you'd find that maiden you're talking about

3. Landomike

Landomike Fapstronaut

4. Francesco

Francesco Fapstronaut

Yes. One needs to learn modesty and accept that today we could be better than yesterday, if we try. Recently I understood this too.

5. Landomike

Landomike Fapstronaut

Hell yeah, Have a good day bud

6. melancholy king

melancholy king Fapstronaut

I have changed my perception a lot lately. My goal in life (big picture) is to get a good job, say one that pays decent and is somewhat entertaining and challenging. To have my own place to live, some adorable little pets to cherish, and eventually to father children (likely adopt), I know full well that I don't need anyone else for any of those things, and so it makes it much easier to forget about women entirely. I would suggest anyone that is seriously interested in dating to step back and think "is this really important?", good question to ask oneself.

7. Francesco

Francesco Fapstronaut

Correct, Gaston. But I think that, in this context, "best" should be intended in a different way. We NoFappers on a reboot are struggling with an addiction. Vice is numbing us. So we aim to clean vice in order to access our true potential. You are right then, since this potential is unlimited; using it to fuel our personal development means that we can always get better.

But, what if we are not there yet? Our development is hindered. This has to be taken into consideration.

No development --> No maturity.
    If we can't take care of ourselves, we should not pursue a romantic relationship.
    This is obviously referred to young singles, here is full of people who are rebooting and are mature people with a girlfriend/wife too.

8. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Finally, someone who is on the same page. Long story short, I was hurt badly last year by a woman whom I deeply admired and fell in love with. Unfortunately, she destroyed my heart to the point of no return. It was during the lowest point of my life. This excruciating experience taught me many things: I was expecting too much from her. I was insecure, naive, selfish, and some other crap.

Now I've made some changes for the new year. I'm going to move out of my parents' house, live on my own, get a car, a job, and simply focus on me! My whole life, I've wasted my time chasing around girls and getting nowhere when I realized the problem is me. I need to be happy and confident with myself before I get into a relationship. There's a difference between needing a girlfriend and wanting one.

And right now, I don't want one. Am I saying I want to be lonely for the rest of my life? Hell no! I just have to focus on other things. Furthermore, I met another young woman months ago who changed my view that all girls were no good. She was amazing and we instantly clicked. Unfortunately, she found another boyfriend before I got to her. But I now know the type of girls that I like: strong, independent, smart, outgoing, etc. She's everything I wish I could be, and hopefully I'll have a chance with her one day. But for now, I need to focus on me. And I'm happy I learned something from my last experience. Girls are not everything!

Landomike, melancholy king and Phibz like this.
  9. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I think there's difference between being perfect, and being realistic. True, no one is perfect, but there's nothing wrong with being all that you can be. It shows your determination and commitment. For me, I have goals, and I plan to make it happen within 1 year's time. Sure, I can do it whenever I want, but in my head, I know it will happen. I'm going to move out, get a car, a job, and focus on me. I don't care when it will all play out, but my goals are detailed and specific, and that's what really counts.

And even if you don't feel perfect when meeting another person, you still have to listen to your heart. Why am I doing all of what I just mentioned you ask? I had a horrible experience with another woman last year, so would it make sense to get with another woman when my heart is already shattered? Even if I'm not at my best? Meeting the right person also means the right time and place. I want to make sure I'm happy, healthy, and confident in myself before I can get into a relationship. That to me is being my best because my worst was truly proven to the woman who broke my heart. That's why I agree wholeheartedly with Landomike. Just like in a game, you want to be your best and maybe have a confidence of obtaining near perfection if you really want to succeed.

10. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Ok, so you want to give up P, a corrupt and distorted view of sex. But why give up woman [even for the moment]?

P corrupts our view of woman, where we identify woman with P.
    So by giving up both is like an equal and opposite reaction.
    Don't be reactive, be proactive.

A proactive response would be to distance P from woman in your mind.
    Now free of P, you actively pursue W with a clear mind.
    Actually, and this is the kicker, this pursuit could go a long way in helping free you from P because here is a wholesome activity to occupy your mind.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    HalcyonCruiser likes this.
  11. Landomike

Landomike Fapstronaut

Fuck yeah man!

12. Landomike

Landomike Fapstronaut

Great point, thanks man

13. Buzz Lightyear

Today you may meet some beauty,
    In the normal course of duty,
    To pivot on a pointed spot
    Forgetting earth and all your lot.
    And in adoration full of awe
    Feel awakening in your core
    An ancient memory most sublime,
    Where love of woman was divine.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Landomike likes this.
  14. Landomike

Landomike Fapstronaut

Awesome man! Can I screenshot this?

Buzz Lightyear likes this.
  15. Buzz Lightyear

Please do! Feel free to share it!:)

16. Landomike

Landomike Fapstronaut

17. I don't know about others but i think so too,but in a slightly different way. I want to be better but by that i mean i wish to remove the things that are harmful to me and those around me,for whom i care such as PMO and instant gratification. Until i overcome my harmful tendencies,especially PMO and become pure i'm not even looking at a girl. That's what it means for me to become good enough for a girl.
    Earlier i thought that to meet my soulmate( or "The one" as they say) and to excel in other areas of my life i'll need to be an amazing guy, you know tall,strong,handsome,exceptionally skilled,intelligent, save the girl save the day type etc. I made this image as "who i really am in my mind" and set on a course to become that guy. This felt great to visualize but after a lot of time i realized that this was stupid. I am not that guy. He was an airbrushed version. I was born to be a kickass me,not a perfect guy,whom everyone especially girls admired. I think this type of thinking was what @Gaston is talking about.
    I eventually decided to take control of my daily actions and see where that leads me.

18. stickydude

stickydude Fapstronaut

I can totally share your point of view and how you're feeling OP, but I am having slightly different issue that bothers me.

I have moved for a girl an year ago and she dumped me the same day crushing my heart completely. I am starter, stronger than ever, experienced so many new things, have more money than I need, still studying. And despite trying to believe that I am happy, loneliness kicks in. I felt good with it for quite a long time, but the more time passes the more I feel like I can't get away from that feeling. And on top of that I have met some really fantastic girls we were getting along well with and I could tell they wanted more, but I just felt completely nothing. Zero attraction or genuine interest in girls. On one hand I think it would be fantastic to start dating again, but on the other hand just the thought of it is making me exhausted.

i think I might end up old and alone, the thought of it frightens me sometimes, because I don't know how am I supposed to feel any different. I guess I might have to give psychologist a try some time, but I am not in a hurry as my experiences with these were quite a miss this far.

19. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Strangely enough, like 90% of what you just said relates to me...weird. On the other hand, I too, have felt like I'm going to grow old and be alone. But think about it for a second, I'm guessing you're a young guy like me and you have a lot of things going on for you and your future. I'm starting new too. I'm deciding to move out and discover myself. Girlfriends can wait although I'm almost reaching 30 which is scary enough. Anyway, the more confidence, money, experience with girls, etc. you have the better. If I wasn't heartbroken myself, I wouldn't have known the things I know now. And I'm stronger because of it. It may sound awkward, but having my heart broken may have been a good thing. It showed me the many flaws that I have in women, and now is the time to change that. Don't ever be discouraged, and if you keep doing what you're doing now, hopefully the right girl will come around. Just have hope man.

20. stickydude

stickydude Fapstronaut

Yeah I get it.... if You can relate then You probably know how much it sucks.
    I don't really have trouble meeting women and getting along with them, but I just can't feel any attraction and I can't force it either. It's true that I have a lot going on for me now, I'm 24 and my life has changed a lot, just seeing couples everywhere and people getting married, having kids, makes me think like I am missing out on something. I've had a girl asking me recently if I'm gay (which I surely am not) >_>

But I wish You luck mate and hope you'll do better than I'm doing right now.

Namekian23 likes this.