1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

12 weeks "sober" today

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Loren, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Nithin Adarsh

Nithin Adarsh Fapstronaut

Awesome bro.
    Good job! :)
    Happy for u! :)

2. calvintaiwan

calvintaiwan Fapstronaut

Keep going Loren^^
    God be with ye

3. Don the Ch

Don the Ch Fapstronaut

Amazing story. Reminds me of a lot of the things that I have been through while trying to quit. You are a true inspiration and blessing from God that I prayed for ALOT lol.

4. Loren

Loren Guest

7 months and 19 days no PMO guys. This thing has changed my life!

5. bean

bean Fapstronaut

Loren, like all the others have said your journal has been an inspiration and a model for where I hope to be on the road to recovery. Your everyday "how I did it" steps are incredible. May God continue to bless you with his grace!

adam1992 likes this.
  6. Loren

Loren Guest

Thank you. I do still have my struggles. But I am trudging along.

7. OliverTwist

OliverTwist Fapstronaut

This is so uplifting and encouraging for a newcomer. Thanks for telling your story!!

8. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

I just read your story; wow!

Congratulations on your great progress, and thank you for sharing. Very encouraging.

9. Loren

Loren Guest

I hope this post will be useful to new comers. I am willing also to be an accountability partner if anyone wants to PM me. I have only had a couple of slips with MO since December 10, 2014 and I am willing to help you any way I can.

adam1992 and alakazammy90 like this.
  10. phil4-13

phil4-13 Fapstronaut

Almost at your goal! Congratulations!

Don the Ch likes this.
  11. Don the Ch

Don the Ch Fapstronaut

Thanks really appreciate it. Can't believe I made it this far. No turning back.

12. JayBoogie103

JayBoogie103 New Fapstronaut

Yea, great job man! Keep it up.

13. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    @Loren ..was just checking back on you after ~6mo and glad to see how well you are doing, friend. Keep it up!

14. applied falconary

applied falconary Fapstronaut

i should be reading this kinds of articles more often, especially before i go to sleep
    thank you so much
    it was inspirational!

15. Loren

Loren Guest

Thanks.

vxlccm likes this.
  16. traveller22

traveller22 Fapstronaut

Very encouraging & practically useful post. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

More power to you.

Traveller22.

17. Loren

Loren Guest

Everyone is in my prayers. Keep working it.

18. Loren

Loren Guest

I am doing well. I am done with it forever. I feel it deep deep inside me. I no longer need it. I started going back to SA (sexaholics anonymous) meetings and I am working the 12 steps on this.

Roy K, the founder of SA said it feels really good to get a good seven years of sexual sobriety in, because that is about the time that real healing can BEGIN. 90 days? Pah! That only taught me how badly I am addicted.

I feel like I have just woken up. That I have never been awake before. This is amazing. Super powers? Hmmm maybe. Urges? Sometimes. Joy? Always. Peace in my heart? Yes! An end to obsessive thoughts, yes when I surrender to the higher power.

The past is not changeable. Forgiveness cannot change the past. But it can change the future. I am trying to rid myself of fantasy. The past is only thoughts. That's all. It is a fantasy. Real or not, it is not right now. I am letting go...(queue overplayed Disney soundtrack...)

You are all in my prayers. I am a new man. What happened to the old guy? The addict? I don't know. I think he is dead because me, I just got here. I was born just now. I have no story of the past (that is true). I won't be needing my past anymore. I can only have this moment, right now and even that is gone now.

Love.

Peace.

Spirit.

feel it. be it.

YOU ARE LOVED.

19. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    That sounds awesome. It's similar to some perspective I've had breaking past 365+. For me, there can be lesser trials on top of victory, but it's still a far better place. Keep it up, Mr. New Man!

20. abutrustworthy

abutrustworthy Fapstronaut

I am new to NoFap and I got energized reading your posts Loren , seems like recovery has made you a beautiful human being.