1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Broscience to prove NoFap = More testosterone

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by doctor_warren, Jul 29, 2015.

1. doctor_warren

doctor_warren Fapstronaut

For those of you who don't know, broscience is a term used by bodybuilders/weightlifters to describe a "science" (dieting, lifting, sleeping mostly) that is like, 50% Anecdotal evidence (like much of nofap) and 50% real quantifiable/whatever accurate science.

According to broscience, cortisol (stress hormone, look it up, it's real bad) doesn't coexist in the bloodstream together with human growth hormone and testosterone very well. The more stressed you and your body is, the less HGH (human growth hormone) and the less testosterone you have. Many people say they are more cheery/happy on nofap, which most likely means less cortisol, more endorphins/dopamine (since your baseline isn't so high thanks to P). Less cortisol = More testosterone.

I also people say (and YBOP say)that after the 2-3 days of nofap the androgen receptors (the things that make use of androgens like testosterone and estrogen) increase in density (since PMO decreases it by like, 60% or something), more testosterone

then I hear people say that on days 7-9 days of nofap, testosterone levels are higher in the body, and then they sink back to a regular baseline (that is above were it was on day's 1-7).

So there you go, broscience and stuff I heard says nofap = more testosterone

does anyone have any other ways nofap does this?

Dniweknir likes this.